New Dealer near Harrisburg, PA

Ryland3210

• 11 months later...

I just dropped off the wifes V11 at this shop for some work. All I can say is WOW, what a shop. If you are a gear head at all, this is a place to visit. They have a lot of old Porsches as well as a few other makes of cars, plus some fantastic Ducati singles. They are interested in old Guzzis as well, so anybody with an older Guzzi should feel welcome. If you are in the Balt./ DC area, this shop is worth the short drive to visit. And at this time, they have some leftover Guzzis they want to move.

They have two street legal singles that they ride(rode?) and one race bike that they restored. The race bike came from Japan and needed a lot of things replaced and/or made. I am no Duacti single expert but they seemed to know enough. Iwas focused more on the Guzzi side. The wife side of the husband wife team that owns the shop learned to ride on one of the Ducati singles they have there, right side shifter and all. If your in the area at all they are worth the trip. They don't have all the things like gloves and other gear for sale that most shops would, but they are worth the trip.

• 2 months later...

Well, better late then never. Here's the story.

As mentioned, dropped the wifes V11 off at Europa Macchina to have a oil leak from the back of the motor and slipping clutch. The bike had recently had the trans recall done at my local dealer and developed the oil leak soon after. But my experience there was less then satisfying and I decided to take the bike somewhere else this time. This shop was the next closest dealer to me. Very pleasant experience. Well, when they took the bike apart they found a small leak from the rear main seal, a larger leak from a missing clamp on a crank vent hose (where may it have gone?), a worn out clutch, and a broken lower mount on the shock (a common occurence for some reason). Everything except the shock they had fixed in a reasonable amount of time. The shock I decided to replace with a performance version, just did not know which. Turns out the only company I found that could supply me a shock in a short enough time frame was Penske. And as it turns out, They got me the shock in less time then they promised and I was completly satisfied with their service. Michael Himmelsbach was outstanding to deal with. I can't recall ever getting treated that well buying something for a motorcycle. So, after getting the shock to Europa they installed it and then sync'd the throttlebodies. In the end, the bike was done in time for our trip to Indy for the MotoGP race. They did a spectacular job, and I will gladly take my bikes to them for service again if I need to take them to a mechanic.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow response. Fell off my SuperMoto and broke four ribs (among other things). Yes we have gangs of dirt bikes in our fair city. It's an old problem. Atleast a couple years now. The cops can't catch them, and are even afraid to chase them most times for fear of someone getting hurt. I avoid those parts of town as a rule, so it doesn't affect me. But they have proposed solutions as extreme and far ranging as banning dirt bikes in the city (not sure how that would help) to building a dirt bike riding area (nice idea, but I don't see how that would help either).

I think it's pretty funny as well.

• 2 years later...