You may find this useful

Speed Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK

Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL

speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera,even 1mph

over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get

a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I

didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as

a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the

limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit

area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been

registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk

You will be asked for a password, but just click on the need a Password

link and you will be given one for future use. Or just enter your car

registration.

If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window

to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope it's useful.

BTW JRT you might want to transfer this to the Joke Thread (beat ya to it Keith :D )

You may find this useful

Speed Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK

Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL

speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera,even 1mph

over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get

a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I

didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as

a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the

limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit

area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been

registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk

You will be asked for a password, but just click on the need a Password

link and you will be given one for future use. Or just enter your car

registration.

If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window

to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope it's useful.

Brilliant!!!

Will be passing this along to a few people who need it! :grin::lol:

BTW JRT you might want to transfer this to the Joke Thread (beat ya to it Keith :D )

[to paraphrase the line from a soon to be hit movie, The Watchmen:]

Who watches the watchcams? (or speed cams, as the case may be...)

I cannot believe that w/ the pervasiveness these things seem to have that you lot in the UK haven't gotten fed up and vandalized the darn things to death.

They're still pretty uncommon Stateside, but I suspect that if things keep going the way they are, those things will soon be the target of choice for disgruntled motorists everywhere.

I'm just sayin'... ;)

If you can get done for 1mph over after 10 times does noone allow for speedo error ( I believe makers are allowed a 3% tolerance in oz) otherwise you'd be booked when you think your on the limit :o holy revenue raiser batman. But there are better places yet the Gov here has talked about fitting transponders to vehicles (tamper proof and heavy fines for doing so) this way you can be tracked and incur speeding fines and have them posted to you without having to lift a finger

In Sweden they are put everywhere except where they would do any good (like outside schools). The govt really considered having the system calculate your speed between two cameras too :huh: but they decided not to, for now...

In Sweden they are put everywhere except where they would do any good (like outside schools). The govt really considered having the system calculate your speed between two cameras too :huh: but they decided not to, for now...

In the UK cameras are supposed to be sighted on roads that have had fatal accidents, but what happens is they seem to sight them anywhere on the road rather than near the scene. Near to where I live a pedestrian was killed on a crossing (the car ran the red) so we now have a speed camera van parked at the complete opposite end of the road (1 mile away) trying to catch cars speeding up hill (I assume because most people attack the hill slightly faster than the limit ?) rather than the straight gradual decent to the crossing/junction where the fatality occured.

We also have speed bumps (or speed cushions as they prefer to call them )everywhere now (18 on the first mile of my way to work,its so bad the windscreen on my car has started to crack!!!)but all this means is that small cars have to slow down but big 4x4's and vans (the vehicles most likely to kill a pedestrian) can take them at 40+ without even backing off so now they overtake cars that have slowed down for the bumps- much safer than when everyone was doing 30-35 :not:

Same story here with the speed bumps. I hate them more than cameras. The bus drivers' union have successfully decreased the number of speed bumps in my neighborhood though. I can imagine what a bus driver thinks about speed bumps.

There's also this roundabout hype. Roundabouts are excellent when used with sense, but this is getting silly. But I still prefer that over speed bumps. Roundabouts do slow down traffic and they are pretty much self-regulating. They even decrease the number of red lights.

Been looking forward to this for a long time

:rolleyes:

Saw it at a preview Wed. night: it's good! Definitely earns its R rating tho'; I was surprised at the # of folks bringing their single-digit aged kids to see the preview: just 'cause its free doesn't mean they should be watching it! :o

Not for the truly squeamish [in retrospect, I was glad my gf couldn't make it; she would have hated it, & ruined it for me], but a fabulous flick: the director was supposedly a huge fan, & tried to really stick to the feel of the graphic novel. Go, you won't be disappointed...

Saw it at a preview Wed. night: it's good! Definitely earns its R rating tho'; I was surprised at the # of folks bringing their single-digit aged kids to see the preview: just 'cause its free doesn't mean they should be watching it! :o

Not for the truly squeamish [in retrospect, I was glad my gf couldn't make it; she would have hated it, & ruined it for me], but a fabulous flick: the director was supposedly a huge fan, & tried to really stick to the feel of the graphic novel. Go, you won't be disappointed...

Will do!

Thanks for your warning ;)