dbarb3

Members
  • Last visited

Profile Information

• My bike(s)
    2002 Lemans

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

dbarb3's Achievements

Guzzisti

Guzzisti (2/5)

1. If its rectifier check your connections and make sure you purchase one that has matching connections and will plug and play. Saves a lot of hassle.
  2. Riddle seems to be solved - Angle Drive But I still do not understand.. It turned by hand, it turned by rolling motorcycle. It turned cable going down road disconnected from speedo. But when I connected cable to both different speedometers it would work for about 4 miles and start fluttering and quit. No idea whats wrong with angle drive other than a new one seems to have corrected problem.
  3. Got what I needed thanks everyone
  4. MG showing out of stock
  5. LaGrasta sent you PM
  6. 2002 Lemans with white Veglias Shot in the dark, anybody have a angle drive that they will part with
  7. Unfortunately when connected directly still doesnt work.
  8. As usual I jump to expensive conclusions with out doing the diagnostic work. 1. Speedometer started going all over place and quit, I figured cable without checking. Purchased new cable and installed. Wrong. 2. Figured without really testing that it was speedometer. Found a new speedometer on ebay and installed. Wrong. 3. So I finally did the work and found that when I turn the cable at angle drive by hand it turns at speedo. At this point do I reinstall angle drive and how do I see if cable is turning at speedometer with angle drive attached? Do I leave it unattached from speedo and ease motorcycle forward in gear and watch cable at speedo? If cable doesnt turn when angle drive is installed, whats next.
  9. Well seems nothing is simple with me or MG I have new cable in and needle is all over the place. Guess I will visit the article referenced above.
  10. Well that makes sense thank you
  11. Did a search and got a thousand posts Trying to troubleshoot speedometer, MPH nor either odometer is working, tach works fine.. I unscrwed cable from ispeedometer end and cranked engine, it soes not turn, does that indicate cable issue. Just getting started on it and trying to save some steps if psssible.
  12. I now have 02 Lemans and had a 1200 Sport for 6 years and 40K miles. If this makes any sense I feel more "connected" to the V11.
  13. Probably wont work here but maybe try gravity bleed, top up master cylinder crack open the bleed screwand see if it will drain on its own
  14. Short version is that stewgnu is the winner, long version is weeks of aggravation After numerous take off and reinstalls of the selector box and sending it back and forth to Hamlin, a gentlemen named Dave Blue who worked for Guzzi for years came by and completely disassembled/reassembled the selector box and adjusted eccentric starting from scratch. He cant understand how it worked fine for 6K miles when it was way out. Dave was passing thru and had to leave so I reassembled and it shifted much better but was not returning to center every time and we knew center spring was good. This is where it gets Guzzi weird, I took off shifter box one last time to see if I could see anything obviously wrong, nothing. I reassembled it with the intent of burning it if I couldn't get it corrected. Went on a ride and shifted perfectly and has for 600 miles now. Good grief.