New England meet

Guest DOUGDANGER

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug

I ride out of Monson with 8-9 guys I've ridden with since highschool.

We do 5 or six Vt. / Nh.rally week ends a year and usually a 4-5 Kmi

Big trip every year. Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Tenn, Va.

All grown ups that can ride safe but still tear it up.

There's a 20 yr. old Guzzi rally thats been going on @ Partridge hollow in Sept. too.

Doug

I'm also up for a get together, I try to hit the Damn Yankee-Guzzi rally in Heath and ride in Mass and Vt often. I missed that Monson rally but did manage to attend the IMOC show...excellent.

Hey guys,

I split my time betwen Maine and Brooklyn, NY, now part-time in Troy, NY too. I know the Mainers quite well and take part whenever the schedule allows. Keep me posted, I'll show up, if the babysitting schedule allows, and I'll notify the Mainers. I'll tell you that the Maine get-together (Skowhegan@ first week in September) is wonderful riding (around northwestern Maine backroads at a clip) and a good crew, full of good-spirited hijinx.

If I'm not running up and down the NY Thruway, it's the Mass Pike or 684/84. Rode mine last from Troy to Brooklyn in mid-December, the winter that arrived late. Usually I'm in transit while on the Guzzi.

Hey guys,

I split my time betwen Maine and Brooklyn, NY, now part-time in Troy, NY too. I know the Mainers quite well and take part whenever the schedule allows. Keep me posted, I'll show up, if the babysitting schedule allows, and I'll notify the Mainers. I'll tell you that the Maine get-together (Skowhegan@ first week in September) is wonderful riding (around northwestern Maine backroads at a clip) and a good crew, full of good-spirited hijinx.

Hi Ray.

Maine European Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Might as well send them to the source! Use the link on the MEME home page to visit the Forum for all the latest news. There is a small but active Guzzi component and info for everything else out of Europe. Not a lot of banter right now due to midwinter stupor but when the temps get back up to freezing it should liven up.

Hope we cross paths this year Ray. Thanks for getting me connected!

Dennis in Spruce Head.

I was at the MEME Ruskie Moto fest last summer on my Ural - the only running Russian bike in the bunch, mostly my friends on their motley assortment of crusty British contraptions. Bob Dentico was on his Guzzi sidecar rig for that one. The next week I was glad to get on the Guzzi and getting it up for a rip.

I will be in NY for most of the summer for work, but will be up for a weekend here and there, hopefully for some riding and socializing.

See you all soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DOUGDANGER

I'm trying to set up a place to meet in Wilbraham, Masschusetts at a New Drive-in resturant. Meet eat and ride. I'll keep you posted. :race:

DOUGDANGER

A FRIEND OF BILL'S

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to set up a place to meet in Wilbraham, Masschusetts at a New Drive-in resturant. Meet eat and ride. I'll keep you posted. :race:

DOUGDANGER

A FRIEND OF BILL'S

I'm up for riding in western MA. Here is my site www.geocities.com/mgnoc_mass

It is a bit out of date. I'm working on it.

I put on the Moto Guzzi Damn Yankee Rally in Heath every year with the Yankee Beemers. :rasta:

The meet is scheduled for Aug 3-5. I may have people start showing up a day early so they can get an extra day of riding in.

:race:

The Monson rally in Late Sept by the New England Moto Guzzi Club is supposed to be pretty good

Contact Marsh Motor's in CT they have the contact info. :bike:

Also the Maine Eagle Squadron Moto Guzzi club puts on a great rally in Sept. 14-16th

Contact Galen Burke @ 207-925-1307 or email him at burkegalen@yahoo.com :mg:

The Italian Motorcycle Owners Club meet is now in Sept as well. Great meet. Lots of fine machines.

I've been to the International Rally , twice, in Maine in July. Mostly Triumph folks. :moon:

Tom

halchuk@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DOUGDANGER

WELL I THINK I HAVE A PLACE LINED UP TO ME AT FOR A GTG AND RIDE.

OK GUYS AND GALS WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO MEET WEEKDAY EVENING OR WEEKEND?

THANKS DOUG :oldgit:

WELL I THINK I HAVE A PLACE LINED UP TO ME AT FOR A GTG AND RIDE.

OK GUYS AND GALS WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO MEET WEEKDAY EVENING OR WEEKEND?

THANKS DOUG :oldgit:

A weekend would definitely work better for me and probably allow for a longer ride, but I could also do a weekday. I get outta work at 3:30 in downtown Boston.

Thanks,

The other Doug

• 2 months later...
Guest DOUGDANGER

Well I have got the use of Jakes Drive-in for a GTG.It's located in Wilbraham, Ma on RT. 20, so I guess we need a rough head count and a day to pick SAT OR SUN. Also how far does everyone want to ride. I'm open for suggestions on mileage and destinations.

Thanks Doug :food:

So ...who did I see on a Le Mans on highway 9 in NH

on Monday? Red Le Mans ...looked like a Corsa ....riding with

one of those saggy tit german bikes ...looked like a rockster...

tried to catch you guys ...must have lost ya at a turn or something

I was in the gas station at the roundabout....

:grin: andy

Guest GuzziLee

I'd be up for a meet and ride. I live in Salem, MA but my favorite riding grounds are in Western Mass anyway.

Let me know if you guys want to make it to the real Western Ma at some point (Exit #1 off MaTPK).We blast :race: around the corners of 3 states generally every weekend or Tuesdays at 5 pm and without a doubt out to Marsh to pay our respects to Fred whenever anything is going on.