V11S Bar Mod

Guest dshetron

Guest dshetron

Does anyone know what parts Cycle World used to change the bars on the 2000 V11S long term test bike? :blink:

They said it was from the California models,but I was in the dealers this morning(third oil leak),and the diameter is too large.I found some adapters and bars on a Steetfighters USA site that look just the trick and reasonablely too.I'm tempted to try them,if my bike doesn't sell by the time cold weather comes I'll probably do some modifications. :rolleyes:

Guest Oliver

Hi there,

you have to use the mountings from an earlier (before 2001) California (V11 Bassa or Special) or from the Nevada. The handle bars had a 22mm diameter.

umbau2.jpg

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Cool!I knew some one would come up with the answer.That's probably the way I will go on mine.Where did you get the bars? Did you do the install yourself?What hassles to look out for ,did it take away the dredded vibes?Is it rubber mounted?What about bar end weights? :rolleyes:

Guest Oliver

Hi J.R.,

sorry for not mentioning that the shown V11 is not mine. The beauty belongs to a friend of mine and a dealer did the "new handlebar-job" for him ... but ...

I did the same for another friend and therefore I can answer your questions :D

The bars are made by Lucas, similars are available at LSL - Check them out at Streetfighter USA, they are called SuperBike handlebars.

The mountings are original Moto Guzzi spare parts. Check the microfiche at your dealer to ensure that you order all necessary parts.

Yes ... they are rubber mounted, the vibrations are (with bar end weights) a bit less than on an original V11.

And ... yes ... you can do the job by your own. You only need a good drilling machine which enables you to drill two 20 mm diameter holes with exactly 90°. To simplify this drilling job, try to get a Centauro forkbridge (right word ?) and transfer the original holes.

Into the drilled holes you put the original rubber bush, a smaller metal bush and finally a long screw which holds the new handlebar mounting.

Quite simple ... but it works :D

Hope this will help you.

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany