Production numbers

WitchCityBallabio

I'm currently trying to get actual numbers for mine, to confirm for reasons of insurance, I will be able to use a special 'collector plate' to get reduced insurance costs.

Ciao, Steve

Steve, is it possoble to get a collector plate for as new as 2001 Guzzi from ICBC? They told me "no way". How are you doing it?

Steve, is it possoble to get a collector plate for as new as 2001 Guzzi from ICBC? They told me "no way". How are you doing it?

I'm sorry John, I was thinking in the future when the bike becomes 15yrs old. You can aquire a collector plate earlier than the usual 25 yrs, if, 1500 units or less are made for that year, or the company has been closed down for at least 5 yrs. I managed to confirm my Laverda Jota production of 100 from Massimo Laverda, with a letter to ICBC.

Utimately, actual confirmed production totals would have to be released from Moto Guzzi public relations to take advantage of this. Luckily I have 9 yrs to work on it.

Ciao, Steve

I'm sorry John, I was thinking in the future when the bike becomes 15yrs old. You can aquire a collector plate earlier than the usual 25 yrs, if, 1500 units or less are made for that year, or the company has been closed down for at least 5 yrs. I managed to confirm my Laverda Jota production of 100 from Massimo Laverda, with a letter to ICBC.

Utimately, actual confirmed production totals would have to be released from Moto Guzzi public relations to take advantage of this. Luckily I have 9 yrs to work on it.

Ciao, Steve

yeah let me know, that would rock :grin:

• 14 years later...
On 3/2/2007 at 8:11 AM, Steve G. said:

Post V11/Lemans production of 10,000 seems consistant to what I have heard from people who are in a position to know. These numbers are up from the V11/Lemans days, where total production including the 750's, and California based models, and all the variations of the basic V11 was around 8500 units. Taking that into consideration, one could surmise non limited edition V11 variants of around 600-800 units.

I'm currently trying to get actual numbers for mine, to confirm for reasons of insurance, I will be able to use a special 'collector plate' to get reduced insurance costs.

Ciao, Steve

Hey Steve, I am trying to find the same with a 2001 V11 I just bought. What did you find? did you get collector plates?

4 hours ago, laurent said:

Hey Steve, I am trying to find the same with a 2001 V11 I just bought. What did you find? did you get collector plates?

Hi, @laurent ! welcome to V11 LeMans.com! Certainly the right place for love, care, and feeding of your Sport!

Unfortunately, Steve G hasn't visited since 2011. Yet, there is another thread on this topic where members in BC reported success with the collector plates. Let me see if we can find it and post a link for you . . .

Here you go, @laurent . Click on this top line, in bold, to take you to the relevant post, then you can review this more current thread on the topic. Looks like seven other members in British Columbia replied on this thread . . .

On 1/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, docc said:

Hi, @laurent ! welcome to V11 LeMans.com! Certainly the right place for love, care, and feeding of your Sport!

Unfortunately, Steve G hasn't visited since 2011. Yet, there is another thread on this topic where members in BC reported success with the collector plates. Let me see if we can find it and post a link for you . . .

Thank you buckets, hope to see you on the roads this spring

• Like 1

On 3/5/2007 at 8:58 PM, Steve G. said:

Ciao, Steve

100 Laverda Jota ? And I had a buddy that owned on of these for a while ....