V11 Seat rebuilding service

RichMaund

Next customer in line is yours truly. Just ordered a gelseat from Da Man; can't wait!

Søren

• 10 months later...

Hey I boxed up my Monza seat and went looking for an address to send it to. The web site is dead, and the phone number I came up with from Wild Guzzi gave me a very angry woman.

Where do I send my seat Rich ?

Daniel Cooper

Hey I boxed up my Monza seat and went looking for an address to send it to. The web site is dead, and the phone number I came up with from Wild Guzzi gave me a very angry woman.

Where do I send my seat Rich ?

Daniel Cooper

Hi Daniel,

It is Chesapeake VA but that is all I have.......here was his e-mail:

maunds@verizon.net

Also, he use to post frequently on sovietsteed.com (Ural site). Might track him down that way. He did my seat a year or so ago.

Bob

If that's true, you might contact Jim at Ned's Auto and Cycle in Riverside, Iowa. I've had a seat done by Rich (V11) and I've had a seat done by Jim (Eldorado) and they are both high quality. I would recommend either. They were both done several years ago, so I don't know if they still do them.

Jim's number is 319-648-3241.

If that's true, you might contact Jim at Ned's Auto and Cycle in Riverside, Iowa. I've had a seat done by Rich (V11) and I've had a seat done by Jim (Eldorado) and they are both high quality. I would recommend either. They were both done several years ago, so I don't know if they still do them.

Jim's number is 319-648-3241.

Rich surfaced pretty quick and is doing my seat. The email you all provided worked. Thanks folks.

• 7 years later...

So... I see its been a bit since this thread has been alive...But Thought I would see where we are at with seats... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

There's generally 2 kinds of motorcycle seats.  Tractor and Saddle.

Tractor seats (think those deep dished metal seats on old tractors) are dished or cupped and support most of your weight on the outsides of your butt cheeks.  Saddles (think horse saddle) are rounded upwards and support most of your weight on the inside of your thighs and tailbone.

Which type works for you is between you and your butt.  Corbins are generally tractors.

I generally prefer tractors, but the stock V11 seat is more of a saddle.  But I find it surprisingly comfortable.

So I reached out to Richard.

He promptly replied, whom I wish was still making seats.

He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

His email response outlined some suppler based reasons why he is no longer working on seats; too bad.

Below was part of his response about what he changes he makes on the seat; now time to find someone who can do it...

"That is what got my business started. I did a couple hundred V11 seats over the years. There is not much room to do much to them. They are thinly padded to begin with up front. I used to used shave the raised crown under the tail bone area to dish it lightly and smooth it with a sander, then gel pad the entire top of the front. I would snip the edges of the gel pad to a steep angle to prevent and hard transition between gel and foam. Then I'd cover the front with a 1/2" layer of soft foam. I left the rear alone as most owners wanted the cowling to still fit there. The seat wound up feeling just a little bit taller up front but comfortable enough that you could ride tank to tank all day long. The rear could be reshaped for better passenger comfort (In 2003 my son and I took the 2 up LD award at the WV Rally on my V11S and he was very comfortable.) but that means the cowling can ever be used again on it.

Just some stuff based on my own personal experience. Hope it helps you in your search for what you need."

Still searching.
  • Like 1