The Pace

raz

Guest ratchethack

Thanks for bringing this up again, Raz. It's a good review and reminder on many levels.

IMHO, if all riders followed The Pace principles, we'd have lots less carnage on the road associated with motorcycling. Quite possibly -- even more than likely -- the lives of two riders that were lost in the last 2 days very close to where I live, on some of my favorite roads, might've been spared.

Now this is just me, but if potential V-11 Guzzi owners are NOT comfortable with riding this way, a V-11 Guzzi is NOT a good choice and they will not be happy. If prospective V-11 Guzzi owners ARE prepared to ride this way, a Guzzi is a superb choice, IMHO. Throwing my own bias even further out there -- far MORE than a good choice. . . -_-

NOTE: Riding The Pace has ZERO to do with chasing the latest crop of hyperbikes across the countryside and potentially over the armco. <_<

BAA, TJM, & YMMV

"Now this is just me, but if potential V-11 Guzzi owners are NOT comfortable with riding this way, a V-11 Guzzi is NOT a good choice and they will not be happy."

Geez RH, I completely disagree. I really think a Guzzi would teach even a squid

to learn the sweet spot. Then again squids travel in schools. He might have to

make some new friends to keep his Guzzi.

We did a little bike swapping yesterday.

Katfish -R1150R

Denusha -Kaw Z1000

They loved the LeMans. :)

Every stop they were commenting on how great it sounded and looked.

I finally quipped "If ya think thats cool, ya oughtta ride it."

They didn't skip a beat. " Wanna try my Beemer? Wanna try the Kaw?"

I thought "not really" but said "Sure".

At the end of the day they were asking about prices and dealers and Ebay. :):P:mg:

They were truly smitten. After riding the electric mixer and the old farts bike I can see why.

(May the higher being indulge my pride) :P

Well i can't understand how anyone can ride by someone elses written theory. THE PACE what pace? yes we mostly have our own pace based on experience and ability. i know riders who's pace is now as it was 30 years ago, it's called slow! but this doesn't stop them from being involved in accidents! and others i know i would never try to stay with they are too fast! i know of some who are very fast on the straights and then a pain in the arse when you catch them in the bends. some riders should only ever ride on there own, and others are a joy to ride with in a group ''they're predictable''. my advice to any new rider is to do as much riding on there own in all conditions including plenty of dirt roads of all types.

the best advice i ever received in regard to riding and surviving was from my local honda dealer at the time 30 odd years ago when i was but a young fella. he was an a grade road racer and a very experienced road traveller. quote; allways be travelling quicker than the rest of the traffic. allways be going forward overtaking

never sit behind another vehicle for too long, pass as soon as possible and get plenty of space between.

and it's allways worked for me! :bike: ride to survive! not in fear of a ticket. :oldgit:

Well i can't understand how anyone can ride by someone elses written theory. THE PACE what pace?

SNIP

ride to survive! not in fear of a ticket. :oldgit:

:stupid:

But for me, the Harley riders have the ride addage, Ride to live, live to ride.

Twisted Sister - Ride To Live, Live To Ride Lyrics

HARD ROADS AND ENDLESS LINES

FLOW THROUGH HIS VEINS

COLD STEEL AND HOT FUEL INJECTED

'S THE DREAM THAT FILLS HIS BRAIN,

BUT NO, NOT SLOW

THE SPEED FEVER GROWS

HE RIDES, HE SEES, HE KNOWS

YOU'VE GOT TO

RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE

FEEL THE FLAMES BURN INSIDE

AND THOUGH YOU KNOW