900SS for sale  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will it sell for?

• $5,000 to $10,000
    • $10,001 to $15,000
    • $15,001 to $20,000
    • $20,001 to $25,000
    • More than $25,000

hard to believe this is true! still to this day talk of new in crate wla harleys. but to me its been stories only for last 50 years or more. there would be many dollars to be spent on this bike imo before one could be out enjoying the ride. surely every seal, rubber,plastic component would be suss..anyway i wonder how this could ever happen! a sacrilidge for this to be left unused for all that time :huh2: so my bid $20k au.

Any guesses as to what this will sell for?

there's one brand new 1985 Mike Hailwood Replica 1000cc on sale in Switzerland. It has 13 kms on the odometer...They want 21.000 US greenies for it but it's been there for ever...

So, I doubt a 900SS, which is "more common" than the MHR ,will go for more than, let say, 15.000 $...But of course, I can be wrong and it'll find THE person who wants a genuine zero miles 900SS with lots of woods for its fireside.

:2c: THIS SUBJECT is close to my heart. possibly this 900ss may fetch much more than we all expect. and they may eventually get the price for the MHR. possibly snapped up by some over indulging rich basterd to put in his private museum to skite to his paying visitors ''it's never been ridden'' and get his rocks off on that. but to me if i bought it, i would ride it , like it's maker made it for. but of corse this would devalue it. but good bikes are made for riding.. :huh2::2c:

I find this unbelievable, How has it sat in a box all this time, :huh2: do you "forget"its there, wish i was lucky enough to find something like that :drink:

Gary

Why find this unbelievable? I see it as a sort of a barn find. The crate was somewhere in a remote corner of a large wharehouse and the paperwork was lost by human error.

I can see this happen.

$16,300, over 5 days left and reserve not met!!!

I think my poll needed a bigger range of choices!

(almost 1200 people are watching this auction too!)

Check your PM's buddy.... I have sloppage plates!

I was at Sonny Angel Motorcycles today and they mentioned that they have a 1973 Norton Commando still in the crate, un-opened. Can't wait to win the lotto and make an offer!

:food:

(I hope I got my facts straight on year and model...I walked in on a conversation, and did not verify what I thought I heard, but without a doubt they have a 70's brit bike in the crate.)

Unfortunately, no details of the bike at their website

http://www.sonnyangelmotorcycles.com

I was at Sonny Angel Motorcycles today and they mentioned that they have a 1973 Norton Commando still in the crate, un-opened. Can't wait to win the lotto and make an offer!

:food:

(I hope I got my facts straight on year and model...I walked in on a conversation, and did not verify what I thought I heard, but without a doubt they have a 70's brit bike in the crate.)

Unfortunately, no details of the bike at their website

http://www.sonnyangelmotorcycles.com

FWIW a '75 Commando with 6 miles on it went for $25k recently according to this (scroll down to 3/12):

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?sect...p;page_number=3

$16,300, over 5 days left and reserve not met!!!

I think my poll needed a bigger range of choices!

(almost 1200 people are watching this auction too!)

I'll bet there are plenty that don't want to drive the price up till the last minutes. Watch it soar as the end nears.

Not uncommon for a bike to sit in the crate. One of the local Duc dealers has a ton of new bikes in crates spanning back several years, just sitting in the warehouse. I was trying to buy one at one point but he won't sell them. If they sell below cost (as a bike that is a few years old would) then he has red marks in his books. This affects his credit rating and the amount of money he can borrow to keep new bikes on the floor.

Not a businessman myself so don't ask me to explain the nuances of it all. That's what I was told when I was haggling. That's when I bought my Guzzi. The MG dealer was happy to unload it at a serious discount.

This bike will go high. Maybe as high as $30K or more. Engine rebuilds are common at 60K kms and will run $10K US or so. Since the release of the SC's square and roundcase bikes and parts have gone through the roof. A busted incomplete roundcase motor alone will fetch $3-4K US. This original, unmolested example will go for serious coin.

Rj

Guest Mattress

I was talking to a dealer at the Iowa rally last year. He told me a story that during the Aprilia crisis/meltdown MG corporate even lost control of their inventory. I guess he knew the US rep, and Italy asked the rep to see if there was a new bike in a crate in a warehouse. Apparently when the rep went to check there were actually many new crated bikes sitting there, that could be considered lost.