New forum on

Guest Jaap

*Jimjib* came with the idea to make this forum. Show and describe us your maintenance and adjustment procedures. Please use "visual aids" as much as possible. So that the non-english members can understand better.

Good luck!

... great idea Jaap!

I was also thinking of a FAQ section as well to host topics such as aftermarket products, common problems, etc.

So when someone logs on for the first time, they don't have to ask "..what aftermarket exhausts are available for the LeMans?" And instead, they can just look for the "Aftermarket Exhaust FAQ" thread. I suppose we could either have another forum for FAQs, or just have those threads in here?? Either way is fine.

Just a thought.

al

BTW, I've been spending waaaay too many hours playing "Neverwinter Nights"... hence the volume of my posts have suffered lately *laugh*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marcialc

I remember reading somewhere on this forum about a drilling a small hole in the back of the tach to solve the "foggy tach" problem. The hole has been drilled, but the tach still fogs up. :angry:

Can the person(s) whove done this successfully explain where exactly they drilled the hole?

Thanks.

jimjib If you disconect the rear shock at the swingarm and let it drop down you can then get to the grease zerk . Its still a tight squeeze . I learned this the hard way. I took the swingarm off to do it. The owner at mph cycles showed me how they do it . Wished asked first. As it turned out all was not in vain as i had a bad front joint. I would have never noticed it had i not completly disassembled it anyway. At that time i only had 5000 miles on it. Be sure to grease the slip joint as the factory must be saving money by not spending any on grease. Had to have the whole shaft replaced under warranty. :o

Fogging tach? In the bad old days we stuck a low wattage light bulb next to it overnight. That will dry it up, but you'll have to seal the hole immediately after it has returned to room temperature. And, oh yeah, don't do it in a damp area and get moisture sucked back through the hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

Is this the carbon hugger from MG? I'd love to see several photos of it installed, as the photos on-line leave much to be desired.

...am particularly interested hear about the fit/finish of the unit compared to the admittedly heavy/beefy, but durable, OEM hugger.

al

Guest jimjib

I will try to shoot some pics in the next few days. I wish they had just copied the design of the stock one...I think i looks better too. The finish is a little rought too....not as nice as the front carbon.