New Tail Section

Guest mnv11

Guest mnv11

Hi everyone! I've been lurking about the site since I bought my '01 Sport last summer, and I absolutely love your site, the information here, and most of all my bike! I just finished modifing the brake/turn signals on my sport, and thought I'd share. I ordered an 18.3" flexible LED array from Custom Dynamics, with a universal run/turn/brake module. I had them custom split it 1/2 way through, so it could be used as blinkers, along with the brake and running lights. I also ordered a set of LED bolts for my license plate bracket.

I removed the entire monstrosity that was the license holder, brake, turn signals, through away the plastic, and utilized the top metal piece for my license plate bracket. I bought a piece of 1/2" aluminum angle from Home Depot, and fabricated it to bend around the back of the bike. I mounted it between the tail section and the plastic shroud underneath.

The whole set up cost me under $300, and I may be a bit bias, but I think it looks great! Hope you all like it, and if you have any questions about the assembly, let me know. Sorry I didn't take pics during the process, didn't think about it 'till all was done.

Steve

I guess it won't let me post a pic...maybe because it's my first post? If anyone wants to see, e-mail me and I'll send it - sscovill1975 at yahoo dot com

That's really smart - and very simple. Wonder why no one has tried this before??

I dunno how strict US MOT is but I know for a fact that this would rev any MOT employee's heartrate up in the red area if I tried this here in Denmark.....

Looks great though; thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Søren

Guest mnv11

Dude! Mankato! I was born and grew up (sort of ... still workin' on it I guess) in Blue Earth. Welcome aboard.

Nice lights BTW.

Crazy! I actually was born and raised in Winnebago - went to High School in Blue Earth! When did you graduate?

Crazy! I actually was born and raised in Winnebago - went to High School in Blue Earth! When did you graduate?

Oh this hurts ... I graduated back when Winnebago still had its own high school. 1965. I expect there's been a lot of consolidation since then. A Guzzi in that neck of the woods. Who'd a' thunk it? I'm guessing I know a lot of folks your folks, or your grand folks, know. :)

Guest ratchethack

Crazy! I actually was born and raised in Winnebago - went to High School in Blue Earth!

It's a small universe, alright. It's great to be part of such a diverse Forum. :D

Brings to mind the bar scene from Star Wars every time I think about it. :lol:

Seems that many of us on this Forum were actually born and raised on the Blue Planet! ;)

Guest mnv11

I guess I resemble that remark.

:)

Ditto :D

You got me beat by a few years indeed, Pierre...I graduated in '94.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to say you beat me to the punch on your tail section modification, but I honestly wasn't sure how to pursue such a project so I kept pushing it back. It does look great though, I love what you've done and would like to imitate it (to an extent) on my '01 V11 Sport. I had one question though, and that is with regard to your "custom split it 1/2 way through". Is that something you worked with them on, or was it something you were able to do with one of their kits?

Guest mnv11

I would love to say you beat me to the punch on your tail section modification, but I honestly wasn't sure how to pursue such a project so I kept pushing it back. It does look great though, I love what you've done and would like to imitate it (to an extent) on my '01 V11 Sport. I had one question though, and that is with regard to your "custom split it 1/2 way through". Is that something you worked with them on, or was it something you were able to do with one of their kits?

The company I ordered it from - custom dynamics - set it up for me when I ordered. It came all assembled with the pig tails for wiring....really a slick set up.

• 1 year later...

attachment=8546:IMGP1100.JPG]Hi there, nice Job . I just tidied up the tail on my 2004 v11 ballabio . I sourced a nice LED tail light off ebay for $60.00 AUST.came with led taillight,numberplate light and blinker brackets .

IMGP1100.JPG

attachment=8546:IMGP1100.JPG]Hi there, nice Job . I just tidied up the tail on my 2004 v11 ballabio . I sourced a nice LED tail light off ebay for $60.00 AUST.came with led taillight,numberplate light and blinker brackets .

That's a tidy arse you got there, Mr. Rat. Looks gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Søren