HASTINGS 7TH MAY 2007 DAY OF THE EAGLE

HeavyD

www.guzzista.com are organising a Guzzi Show Of Force to the above mentioned event. Route taken will be different to the main body of bikes for the day and probably leaving Maidstone M20 Services and head through the back road twisties to Hastings.

All interested can get details on the home page www.guzzista.com or post their interest/ questions on the forum at www.guzzistaforum.eu/forum

• 2 months later...

That's a fair comment...the idea was to try to gather as many Guzzisti as possible to show in some small way that there are alternatives to the masses of plastic Yamahonsusakis...I dunno it was gonna be our first ride out and I thought it should be somewhere known to generate the initial interest, and I figured that a bunch of Guzzis thumping past would be an impressive looking and sounding spectacle.

It would also have been a nice way to have drawn attention to our group from other Guzzisti that may have been there independently to then start building a base for future, Guzzi only, runs etc. The initial response to the advert on our website had been encouraging too as I had had between 40-50 expressions of interest in the lead up to the day.

Unfortunately, as it turned out, as is so often the case in the UK the weather played the deciding hand. I was impressed by the hardy souls that turned up but so many must have been deterred...it was a good idea but then again, so was the Titanic!

Never mind, hopefully for our second ride out at the end of the summer we'll have more clement conditions and a better turn out. I still think it'll be cool to have a mass of Guzzis riding down the road! :race::mg:

...I still think it'll be cool to have a mass of Guzzis riding down the road! :race::mg:

:thumbsup: & Good luck to you!

There's arseholes out there for sure but they don't identify emselves by make/type of bike. I've still got good friends who ride Jap sports bikes & ride them well....& I've been an areshole myself plenty on a Guzzi! I can't be doing with the anti-Jap prejudice often shown by Italian/British/HD types - often it'll be some newbie just spent his load in some fine Ducati or HD thinks he is better than the R1 owner who's worked his way thru Fizzies, RD's, over the years...Does seem these days there's a a lot of the "all the gear & no idea" bunch - but not only on sports bikes! Best leave em to it....

Good for you for getting off your arse & organising something.

:bier: KB :sun:

Baldini and Ballabio Bertie, two voices of reason...I take my hat off to ya and to your comments the fact is, the guys I was specifically referring to really were as described. It was not my intention to generalise but, having reviewed what I've written, I see whatya mean...message to self...don't write reports after long night shift :drink:

It would be incredibly hypocritical of me to have a pop at Jap bikes as I admire them greatly and own a mean bugger of an X11...I admire them but I don't love them...know what I mean? not like Guzzis...and I can't stand Ducatis... :vomit:

Now that I've finished my night shift and the weather in Blighty is cack, meaning I've no chance to be out on the Cali, I shall amend the article to make it altogether more accurate...