Spring Time Start Up

MotoG5

It quit snowing at last so I was able to get the V11S out and on the road. Had a good time trying to fiqure out why I could not get it started after installing the battery. Hit the start button and all I got was "click-POP" no starter and now no head light! OK, I am supposed to know about Guzzis so the fun begins. I go through about every thing I can think of an no luck. About two hours later and with a great deal of fustration I happen to notice that the hot lead to the starter is not connected to the battery! :doh: Now I know why that 15 amp fuse was blown and I had no go. :grin: The starter really works better if you give it some power. Sure felt good to get out on the Sport again. :bike: Did a complete oil change on the bike and discovered that I have picked up some water in the tranny oil last fall riding in the rain. I had seen somewhere that this could happen but had never seen it on my O2' until now. It was not a gread deal of water but enough that you could see it in the milky look to the fluid. Hope to get my new hand grips on soon but that will be a fight for this up coming week end as it looks like rain this time around. Oh glorious spring!

It quit snowing at last so I was able to get the V11S out and on the road. Had a good time trying to fiqure out why I could not get it started after installing the battery. Hit the start button and all I got was "click-POP" no starter and now no head light! OK, I am supposed to know about Guzzis so the fun begins. I go through about every thing I can think of an no luck. About two hours later and with a great deal of fustration I happen to notice that the hot lead to the starter is not connected to the battery! :doh: Now I know why that 15 amp fuse was blown and I had no go. :grin: The starter really works better if you give it some power. Sure felt good to get out on the Sport again. :bike: Did a complete oil change on the bike and discovered that I have picked up some water in the tranny oil last fall riding in the rain. I had seen somewhere that this could happen but had never seen it on my O2' until now. It was not a gread deal of water but enough that you could see it in the milky look to the fluid. Hope to get my new hand grips on soon but that will be a fight for this up coming week end as it looks like rain this time around. Oh glorious spring!

Glad to hear that you're back on the road having fun!

:2c: Change your oil in the fall, your motor will be happier.