European Helmets

Crooz

OK... who's the expert in here on European Helmets. :huh2: I have interest in the following:

MOMO Essenziale, Komposit & Fighter

Airoh Naked 50 Airoh TR-1 plain

Caberg Breeze

Nexx open face X60

OSBE Rufus

Crowell Spitfire

Caberg Justisimo

Looking for comfort, quality, and quite. As well as the best product for a reasonable cost.

Any experience you guys have would be appreciated. :huh2:

You know, you are going to have to try them on, each of them. Comfort is a huge issue, and determining this on a forum based on someone else's personal experience is not the way to go.

That said, the EEC has put a "safety lid" [no pun intended] on most of western Europe. As a result, any product allowd on sale must meet Belguim's high standard. Any helmet for sale there will meet very tough standards.

Price, well, it's deal making time, the funnest part.

Ciao, Steve

OK... who's the expert in here on European Helmets. :huh2: I have interest in the following:

MOMO Essenziale, Komposit & Fighter

Airoh Naked 50 Airoh TR-1 plain

Caberg Breeze

Nexx open face X60

OSBE Rufus

Crowell Spitfire

Caberg Justisimo

Looking for comfort, quality, and quite. As well as the best product for a reasonable cost.

Any experience you guys have would be appreciated. :huh2:

:2c: Wouldn't choose any of the above , instead for better prices I would take a visit to Flyin Brian and ask his best offer for something that would cost me even twice as much in other shop.Have purchased lots of clothing from his shop over the last 2 years, his service remains over the top always,answering every email and shipping ASAP what is ordered-paid

This place is just down the road from me and it is where I bought my Roof.

If any of you guys across the pond need a Momo he can ship you a DOT approved version.

Helmets

Guy :helmet:

Thanks for the info. I had visited thier website, and a nice website is was!

Not so much worried about the US DOT sticker... since we have so many Harley & Custom riders wearing small cheap & illegal soup bowl helmets, I would be one in tens of thousands whom are not legal. :ninja:

:2c: Wouldn't choose any of the above , instead for better prices I would take a visit to Flyin Brian and ask his best offer for something that would cost me even twice as much in other shop.Have purchased lots of clothing from his shop over the last 2 years, his service remains over the top always,answering every email and shipping ASAP what is ordered-paid

I am familure with this Ebay Store... never bought from them as their shipping prices are at least twice what everyone else's are. Crazy high. Plus, they only have a few lines of main-stream America helmets. :not:

Thanks for the info. I had visited thier website, and a nice website is was!

Not so much worried about the US DOT sticker... since we have so many Harley & Custom riders wearing small cheap & illegal soup bowl helmets, I would be one in tens of thousands whom are not legal. :ninja:

I am familure with this Ebay Store... never bought from them as their shipping prices are at least twice what everyone else's are. Crazy high. Plus, they only have a few lines of main-stream America helmets. :not:

I actually just got a Suomy Spec 1R through an Ebay dealer for about 125 bucks less than all the retailers near me and he had FREE shipping. All in all...a great deal.

I actually just got a Suomy Spec 1R through an Ebay dealer for about 125 bucks less than all the retailers near me and he had FREE shipping. All in all...a great deal.

I was referring to Flyin Bryan's ebay store... not Ebay in general.

i bought the Momo for both myself and ingrid for when she's riding the Bonneville and i'm riding the Convert. They are what they are, I'm glad we bought them but i certainly wouldn't evaluate them like I would my Shoei RF1000 or Ingrid's Arai. I mean it's an open face and all :)

I tried on the Caberg Justissimo on at the CycleWorld bike show. You cant beat it for the price with all its features & it does have everything you can think of. However I personally didnt like the way it fit me. I tried on some very expensive Arai's that I didnt like either, so I guess it depends on the shape of your head. For me I'm going with the Shoei Multitec this year because I love the way it fit. It also seemed to block all the outside noise well too. :2c: Of the helmets you listed try the Caberg first.

This place is just down the road from me and it is where I bought my Roof.

If any of you guys across the pond need a Momo he can ship you a DOT approved version.

Helmets

Guy :helmet:

Hey Guzzirider,

I am in the market for a new helmet. I looked at the Roof units a few years back but was unable to get any real feedback from anyone who owned one. I am ineterested again now and was wondering if you could give a review of yours. As it sounds like I could order one from the shop you purchased yours from I would like to take another look at them before I replace my old Nolan flip face. Its been a great helmet but after seven years of service its time for a new one.

Thanks