• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vale is back, beware ;)

It was so great seeing Rossi interviewed after the race. Reminded me of all the intangibles that go into making what may be one of the greatest to ever ride Moto GP. Boy I'm gonna' miss him when he's gone. The contrast with Pedrosa (interview) was striking, another reminder. I'm not a Pedrosa hater, I think he worked his way out of the bonehead move on Nicky with a proper "mea culpa" and a classy "hat's off" to Nicky last year. It's just that it's not gonna' be the same. Not even Stoner, nice as he is, can come near the "rock star" charisma Rossi brings to the podium.

Oh yea, and nice racing as well. Tire "wars" seem to be evening out, just as the "power differential" seems to be disappearing. I suspect Rossi will be satisfied to have the Yamaha back in the hunt and giving him a legitimate shot at "top of the box" for these last rounds. If he can force Stoner to "win" the championship with a succession of 2nds or less, it'll be a "victory" of sorts for him. I hope things stay lively for the rest of the season.

I enjoyed it. But while the tire war did not rear it's ugly head too badly, the Bridgestone runners did not do as well as I would have expected. How much of that is just a reflection of the true state of things is hard to say. As far as the power wars, the only way Rossi was able to pass was on the brakes or with corner speed. It was closer, but all he could do to Stoner was draft down the straight and then pass on the brakes. Even the Hondas could only pull up along side the Ducati down the straight. Finishing the pass required using the brakes(or not using the brakes, depending on how you look at it).

I enjoyed it. But while the tire war did not rear it's ugly head too badly, the Bridgestone runners did not do as well as I would have expected.

As far as I'm concerned, the BIG fight between a recovered Rossi/Yamaha/Michelin and Stoner/Ducati/Bridgestone didn't happen in Estoril. Stoner had some clutch issue, and if you look at his times during the race, he wasn't lying. Actually, he lost quite a few 1/10 of sec around lap 5, when the problem started, then had a big dip a few laps later, but later on his times were very close if not parallel to Rossi's and Pedrosa's.

I think that he would have fight for the win if the clutch issue didn't come about.

Now, let's see what happens in Motegi where Ducati (and the 990) has won for the last two years...

Pedrosa and Honda extend relationship to further two seasons

News - Dani Pedrosa will continue as a Repsol Honda rider for the next two seasons, after finally signing a new agreement announced today at Honda’s home circuit of Motegi.

http://tinyurl.com/3bs2oq

I thought Danny might bolt. Recent success may have changed his mind. Wonder if this is seen as "good news" in Nicky's camp?

yes great result, no one could have predicted the three on the podium! and casey has the crown in hand. i would have loved the decider to have been at phillip island in three weeks. ''as i'll be there'' but i'm sure there's still some good stuff to come. :bier: for the most deserved... :D

• 4 weeks later...