• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the last race isn't going to be too exciting except for 4,5, and 6th place overall, an Italian, an American, and an Aussie. Sure would like to see John Hopkins finish in fourth but at least fifth.

4th is not going to happen, IMHO.

The form of Melandri is going straight up after the injuries, another podium in Valencia is likely,

while Hopkins har been more mediocre than normally in the last races. Just his luck that Vermeulen

is just as bad right now.

4th is not going to happen, IMHO.

The form of Melandri is going straight up after the injuries, another podium in Valencia is likely,

while Hopkins har been more mediocre than normally in the last races. Just his luck that Vermeulen

is just as bad right now.

Well, 4th 5th and 6th should provide for some very good straight up racing at Valencia. It's the only three places close enough for head to head battles to mean anything. I'd like to see all three of them going at it head to head to head all race since where they finish relative to the rest of the pack won't mean much.

As for V and Hopper - it's the bike. Suzook took a shit couple of races back and hasn't gotten back on song - or maybe it's just where it was opening round and others have passed it.

Jeremy Burgess says the Kaw is the cats meow right now. Did Hopper catch lightning with that new contract? I agree he needs to do something next year or he'll soon be thought of as a "grid filler." The "up and comer" label is long gone, and next year he'll have a pretty good bike, so his time is now.

Apparently De Puniet is no slacker so they should push each other. Of course De Puniet has the nasty habit of collecting lots of bikes when he crashes. Hopper doesn't have Nicky's "reserve" so expect to see him kicking De Puniet instead of the bike should Randy collect him. :wacko:

Randy is going to LCR Honda for the 2008 season.

Hopkins and Anthony West is the Kwak lineup for 2008.

For me Hopkins is the most overrated man on the grid,

1 podium in 5 years and never even able to outrun his teammates over a whole season

despite them being a over-the-hill-tired-guy and a rookie.

He will have a hard time beating West next year.

Randy is going to LCR Honda for the 2008 season.

Hopkins and Anthony West is the Kwak lineup for 2008.

Ah, so he is. I'm surprised. I'd have thought the other way 'round - keep De Puniet and add Hopper. Does De Puniet go to LCR as #1 rider? Checa is out?

Something of a demotion for De Puniet, isn't it? Hard to figure where talent stops and politics begins.

Carlos Checa is riding Ten Kate Honda in World Superbikes next year,

RdP is the sole rider of LCR Honda, I think Kawasaki tried to be too smart by holding out on him

and then he was snapped up by his former team manager in 250 Lucio Cecchinello.

Hope LCR gets a better bike from HRC next year that let Randy show his potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news for Rossi- he has crashed heavily and broken 3 bones in his right hand is unlikely to race, leaving it open for Pedrosa to gain 2nd place in the championship.

Top 3 places on the grid:

1/ Pedrosa

2/ Stoner

3/ Hayden

Guintoli in 5th- what an ace performance!

... Biaggi goes Ducati. WSB of course.

Well, another Italian has made the right decision.

Totally agree.

Biaggi on a 1098R must be one of Ducati's banker wet dream.

Of course, having Rossi on a Ducati (2009) would be his XXX double features :)

Well, 4th (Melandri) 5th (Hopper -1) and 6th (Vermeulen -5) should provide for some very good straight up racing at Valencia. ...

QP: Hopper on 3rd row, Vermeulen and Melandri on 4th row. All within 1/2 second of each other. Hope they mix it up and it gets some broadcast attention - though it promises to be a mid-pack scuffle.

QP: Hopper on 3rd row, Vermeulen and Melandri on 4th row. All within 1/2 second of each other. Hope they mix it up and it gets some broadcast attention - though it promises to be a mid-pack scuffle.

I just saw the starting grid for tomorrow's race, Hopkins on row 2 has Melandri and Vemeulen right behind him in row 3. Them racing for 4,5, and 6 overall could be the highlights of tomorrow's race especially considering their so close in the starting grid. Could be a race long battle:) And Hopkins may be somewhat overrated, but finishing top 5 or 6 in Motogp isn't too shabby, plus he's the highest placed American overall.

I think the only way to see Vale on a Duc is maybe in WSB.

Hmmm, i doubt Vale will ever do WSBK, altho he likes street bikes.

But he'll probably pick up WRC cars instead of superbikes.