Not Satisfied with the Marzochi Fork

Guest Michel_I2roo

Guest Michel_I2roo

My V11 Lemans red/gray have 15000kms, after the first revision (1500kms) the fork became hard.

Recently my dealer change on my request , oil 7.5W in place 10W, and 400ml in place 420ml.

I's better, i find again smoothness.

But now, in expansion it's make noise in the fork, like slapping parts.

Some one have the same experience ?

I'm looking for a White Power fork (very good one the 1100Sport, Daytona and Centauro) and EMC rear shock (French company).

Perhaps Ohlins fork and rear shock, like Scurra will be better, but so expensive...

B)

Hi Michel,

Strange problem you have. I also checked the German V11 forum www.v11sport.de but there was no one with the same problem. I have 3000+ kms and it's still as good as always.

Maybe you are just unlucky because someone screwed up at Marzocchi on a hangover-monday morning. You should think that this problem falls under warranty. Did you check with your dealer?

Small tip: you can post your fork request under "Buy and Sell" It will attract more attention that way. Good luck!

I too am thinking about getting the Ohlins front fork from the Scura. But for right now, the Marzochi seems fine. I had asked my dealer what the cost of the Scura part would be, but they don't have part numbers for the Scura yet, so he doesn't know. He was guessing it would be in the USD$2-3k range though.

Another issue and unknown is, do the Scura Ohlins forks have the same 40mm diameter as the stock forks on the V11 LeMans, and will the original triple-clamps, etc... work? Or will those have to be switched-out as well?? The dealer didn't seem to know.

I also wonder if the LeMans fender will fit... dunno

I was also thinking about getting an Ohlins for the rear, but not the same as the Scura's. I forget the model#, but Ohlins has an aftermarket replacement that has remote preload as well as compression/rebound adjustment. It is about USD$800... very pricey, but would be neat to have.

...maybe next year :P

So yeah, does anyone know if the Scura Ohlins forks will fit the LeMans with no problem? ...or are there some caveats?

thx!

al

Guest Michel Ryu

Hi,

With my old V11 (45000km) i have the same problems, no good reaction after the new oil et some stange sounds.

I think this problem is present with some v11 first model, also before the v11 Lemans.

Michel

PS : Excuse my english, it's not very good

PS : Salut Miche alors on discute ailleurs que sur the list ? :D