Cleaned up rear end with stock lights

JoeV11

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full. LOL

I made a new template with a CAD program, and can send it to you with dimensions. I wonder if there is a market for these things? Joe

Well, if there's not a big enough market to justify going into production, how about posting the CAD template to the forum for those who're willing to cobble up their own? :luigi:

Great work, whichever route you choose to go!

:thumbsup:

OK, OK I'll get a half dozen blanks cut out and then I can finish a batch and start selling them. :) Keeping in the best Moto Guzzi tradition, it'll probably be a few months before they are ready.

The IMOC was a lot of fun, and it was great meeting the guys from the forum. We'll have to do this more often. The bikes are even better in person than in avatars. Waspp even won a trophy! Congrats...

Joe

The IMOC was a lot of fun, and it was great meeting the guys from the forum. We'll have to do this more often. The bikes are even better in person than in avatars. Waspp even won a trophy! Congrats...

Joe

Hey thanks Joe, that was a pleasant surprise to win 3rd in the big block Guzzi catagory :mg: Great to see everyone and put a face with the screen name!

Hal

Well, I removed my Hepco & Becker luggage rack ('til next years trips) and while I was at it, removed the hugger too. The bike looks so much better without that piece of plastic covering half the rear wheel.

Unfortunately, where the hugger runs over the frame piece to the swingarm, it had obviously vibrated over the course of 20,000 miles and rubbed a bit of paint off and was starting to rust, so it looks like I'll be spending the weekend repairing that, and removing all the stickers that they put under there.

It might be worth it for those with older, or higher mileage V11's to remove that hugger once in a while and clean and inspect for chafe on the frame from it. I also noticed when I took it off, there was a fair amount of road dirt stuck up in there.

• 11 months later...

Hey, Thanks for asking. I got another plate cut on the water jet machine - I messed up the dimensions of the first one - and will be making another mount soon. If that one works I will make a half dozen more and make them available. :luigi:

The front signal lights were cleaned up by simply removing the spacer that is there. You need a couple of metric screws to replace what's there if I recall, or maybe nuts? It'll be apparent when you take it apart.

It's tough to get anything done around here once summer arrives - we have to stuff a whole year's worth of outdoor activities into three months. :sun:

Joe