''ruptured budgie 2007''

CIMG1416.JPGCIMG1397.JPG

returned home this evening from the 14th budgie rally. our group set out friday morning on an overcast day

heading north picking up others on the way. we finaly had a gaggle of 13, scura, rosso m, ev cali, titanium cali,

gt melle, LM 3, LM 4, duc monster 900 , duc 748, gsx 1400, triumph daytona 900, 1100 katana, and of course the raptor. we didn,t strike rain till within 60km of the site after a pub late lunch and alcahol stop.

arriving in rain is never fun especially when it's getting into a cool evening.

camp established it was time for some eating and serious drinking!

but the serious stuff starts on the saturday when the hordes start arriving, and in the afternoon the games begin with such notable events as the slow race! interestingly won by a guy on a kawa z 1300.

we figured all that low weight was an advantage. the nevilles made it to the finals of the bog roll event.

now this is the first time i've seen such a thing where the pillion sits in reverse and using his fingers as an

axle and with another holding the start of the toilet roll the winner gets the whole roll unravelled without

breakage and crosses the finnnish line first. but in the best noise event one of ours had victory easily beating the suzuki gt 750 :doh: but narrowly beating some guzzi opponents. but the scura with remus

cf grand prixs sounds pretty good when taken to rev limiter a couple of times :grin: but some say 'if'

the LM3 with its stain tunes had entered it may have been a different story!

saturday night was as usual many strange things.... :ninja: returing toward home on the sunday night was the night cap with a pub stay after some great back roads showered and warm and watching another aussie

victory in moto gp from a real bed :D and it was great to meet up with pete again, and the boys thank you for your diagnostic help :thumbsup: i hope you returned home as us with no tickets or bruising.

another great event, with thanks to the M.G.C.O.Q. :bier:

CIMG1418.JPGCIMG1423.JPGAS a second note i won third prize in the raffle :D thinking third after first prize being a guzzi leather jacket.

second a guzzi jumper! i might get a beer stubby holder.

but i got a cap, stubby holder, key ring, polo shirt, and a great pit jacket!

:D grinners are winners :thumbsup: also won in a poker run held by the nevilles! a bottle of green ginger wine engraved for the event... :D sure did make those guzzi riders jealous. :o:moon: