01 Red Frame Sport

jrt

Sigh. I've been agonizing about this for 3 months, but it's time for me to move on, motorcyclewise. The Sport is just no longer the right tool for the job. Since I've got two other Guzzi's, it's not a total loss, but I need to cull the herd, so to speak.

2001 Guzzi V11 Sport for sale. Black, with red frame (they're faster and handle better :grin:) . 16,000ish miles. I’ve made a few changes with this bike to converting it into a sport touring rig:

• BMW R90S fairing (http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1062)

• more upright handlebars (before anyone else!) (http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1061)

• Lower (and more comfortable) pegs and custom-made brake/gearshift mechanisms.

• Seat is a Rich Maund job.

• Mistral pipes and Stucchi crossover

• Intake is now K&N pods.

• I fitted molded kyvec (“Edge Guards”) to protect the rear shock from debris.

•Louder horns, run through a relay.

• CRG adjustable brake lever and CRG mirror.

• Guzzi soft bags (one has a bit of broken plastic inside, but it does not affect the bag)

• Guzzi tankbag

• Ventura rack.

• A bicycle speedo is added…turns out I have a reasonably accurate Veglia speedometer.

• The rear fender is cut down

• Front fender has a fender extender on it to reduce the muck thrown up on the alternator cover.

Comes with:

• Spare shift return spring

• spare relay (just in case!)

• Wilber front shock springs, new in box, that anyone can install

• A new spacer that I machined for the rear wheel (some spacers were too short resulting in toasted wheel bearings)

• Original stock pipes, stock crossover, stock airbox, stock rear fender (I bought a spare), stock clipons, stock switch gear. This bike could be put back to stock with no issues, but why?

Additionally, bike comes with a set of Guzzi factory rearsets in ‘Ergal’ (try finding those anymore).

This is a great running machine- I’ve been dutiful with maintenance, all the recalls were performed, and it’s been good to me. I know I’ll take a beating when I sell it, but I don’t want to part out a perfectly good bike. $6500 (firm) or a little less if you just take the stock bike and I keep all the aftermarket parts.