Hello Everyone

RichPugh

Figured I'd say hello. I recently purchased a 2000 V11 Sport from a local individual (not sure if he is/was a member here) and before I've even tagged, titled or registered it, I love it :) This is my first Guzzi but I'm 32 years old, have been riding for 10 years and wanted something beyond all the battles for specs and times and weights and everything that takes the character out of a motorcycle. I'm happy to have stepped into the Moto Guzzi familiy :)

I'll be on these forums often, asking questions and learning. Thanks in advance :)

Rich

Guest drknow

Welcome, since you're into VWs, I'm sure you "got" the Guzzi right away. Tons of personality, way more capable than it should be, strange brotherhood of folks drawn to them, don't pass one everytime you turn around...

dk

Welcome, since you're into VWs, I'm sure you "got" the Guzzi right away. Tons of personality, way more capable than it should be, strange brotherhood of folks drawn to them, don't pass one everytime you turn around...

dk

The attraction is similar and it seems the camaraderie is also very similar. I dont know ANY local Guzzi riders but I'm sure the Ducati guys will welcome me in with open arms LOL. It seems like a lot of the owners on these forums are die hard, life long MG owners to the fullest extent. I'm new. Simple as that. I dont have a long history with the bikes or brand. I dont have any tie in the past as to why I had to have one. I just stumbled across the bike a few years ago and almost fell in love. I came from a few typical japanese sport bikes under my belt and desired something different with a sense of charm, class, style, individuality, etc. I'm glad already... regardless of the guys who will point their nose up at me for running a wider rear wheel/tire and making it far less comfortable with my sport clip-ons :) Thanks to everyone for your welcome.

The attraction is similar and it seems the camaraderie is also very similar. I dont know ANY local Guzzi riders but I'm sure the Ducati guys will welcome me in with open arms LOL. It seems like a lot of the owners on these forums are die hard, life long MG owners to the fullest extent. I'm new. Simple as that. I dont have a long history with the bikes or brand. I dont have any tie in the past as to why I had to have one. I just stumbled across the bike a few years ago and almost fell in love. I came from a few typical japanese sport bikes under my belt and desired something different with a sense of charm, class, style, individuality, etc. I'm glad already... regardless of the guys who will point their nose up at me for running a wider rear wheel/tire and making it far less comfortable with my sport clip-ons :) Thanks to everyone for your welcome.

Rich - you are about 60 miles away from me (Alexandria) - but if you want to get together with somebody else (who isn't WAY OLDER than you -- I'm only 36, snicker snicker) who also has a V11, let me know.

Riding season is in full swing now - so it should be a good time to ride.

Actually, tonight I am heading to Manassas to Tony's Pizza on Mathis off of Liberia, for the monthly Northern Virginia Guzzi Dinner.

A week from tomorrow I am headed to Buena Vista, VA for the weekend for the Annual Virginia Guzzi Rally... you are welcome at each and will be received by many fellow Guzzisti with open arms.

PM me if you want more info.

Rich - you are about 60 miles away from me (Alexandria) - but if you want to get together with somebody else (who isn't WAY OLDER than you -- I'm only 36, snicker snicker) who also has a V11, let me know.

Right on... Thanks! My buddy Steve is in Alexandria down on Rt.1. He's got an R1 and has been asking me to get another bike for a long time so we can ride. I grew up (from 12 to 26 years old) in Alexandria, VA on Edsall Road. Went to Hammond Middle and T.C. Williams High. I'll surely visit NoVa more now that I have a bike to ride with Steve. I'll PM you sometime!

Right on... Thanks! My buddy Steve is in Alexandria down on Rt.1. He's got an R1 and has been asking me to get another bike for a long time so we can ride. I grew up (from 12 to 26 years old) in Alexandria, VA on Edsall Road. Went to Hammond Middle and T.C. Williams High. I'll surely visit NoVa more now that I have a bike to ride with Steve. I'll PM you sometime!

Cool-

My wife grew up here too.

She went to St. Mary's then to TJ for high School... yeah, she's a brainy li'l bugger.

I was born and raised in CA - but been here since 1999.

PM - we'll hook up.

:grin:...til you pass em the first time.

Welcome.

KB :sun:

Haha awesome. This bike extremely fun to ride. I have some qwirks to work out i.e., the previous owner put a rear set relocator to drop the pegs back and down which is more comfortable but the gear shift lever stayed in the same place which is a bit too high to shift under my toes... I have to dig my foot under it and shift on the top of my foot. I'd like to either find a way to get the shift lever down or just put the pegs back up. Or just deal with it LOL. I have to adjust the valves I'm sure (one side is ticking and one side is dead quiet) and my relays will be here any day to put an end to the hell I went through the first 2 days I owned the bike haha. I'd also like to clean the rear lamp assembly up and set the preload up a bit on the rear suspension. I love the attention this bike gets but knowing very little about the bike or the brand makes me crave education on it. I've jumped it head first and I love it :)

Guest The Big Katuna

Welcome to the board ,I'm new here myself, I too have a silver 2000 V11 Sport, which I absolutely LOVE.

tuna009-4.jpg