Power Commanders for $145

Guest ckknives

Guest ckknives

A friend on this board turned me on to a great price for Power Commanders. Janusz got his Powercommander from www.knpowersports.com for $145. They are no longer going to carry them and are closing out stock at near cost. Go to the web site and use the toll free number to call and see if they are still available for your bike. That price includes shipping. I ordered one on Monday after talking with Janusz this weekend at the WA MG Deep Forest Campout in Randle WA.

ckknives on Olympic Peninsula

Guest JohnInNH

This site only lists the 00 + 01 Le Mans.

Will it work on the 2002? Power Commander does not list the 2002 either.

I am not talking about the 2003 all red bike, but the 02 champagne or red/gray year.

Who started calling the 03's 02's anyway? :angry:

Guest ckknives

I would give them a call at their toll-free number listed on the web site. They will let you know if it will work or not. They seem very knowledgeable on the product. It seems a shame they are discontinueing selling them.

ckknives on Olympic Peninsula

Guest Guiseppe

Contacted DynoJet at (800)992-4993; spoke with "Carl" (who was quite helpful). He stated that the 83706-211 PCIII should work, but will need correct mappings. He stated that they had been producing a number of new MG mappings over the past couple of weeks, and that new ones (including the LeMans) should be posted shortly. Just bought my PowerCommander from KN, at $180 below DynoJet's list price! :Dhttp://www.powercommander.com/suppguzmaps.shtml lists all the currently available maps.

Guest marcialc

thanks for the tip ckknives :bier:

i just called KN and bought the PCIII for $145 (including shipping) :bier:

should be here in 2-3 days :bier: can't wait :bier:

now do decide which slip-ons to get??? hmmmm -_-

i've been thinking about the fbf carbon ovals for $689 a pair, but can't seem to find a map for them for the V11. I contacted the nearest DynoLab and they want $300 for a custom map... :doh:

the mistrals are sounding more tempting... ;)

Guest Scura Owner

marcialc-If I remember correctly, FBF has powercommender maps available for use with their mufflers.

Guest marcialc

Scura....do u know where to download the map? The closest thing I've managed to find on their website are the EPROM chips. :blink:

Guest JohnInNH

:wacko: "Dynojet Power" Commander III vs "K+N" Power Commander III

I just realized K+N was not selling a "Dynojet" one. I thought it was a Dynojet and now realize it is labeled different. I thought a "Power Commander III" was a Power Commander III ... The K+N DOES have a Dynojet logo on it.. So it must be made by the same folks, just wondering if the internals are exactly the same.

I'm guessing K+N was reselling em and now wants to stop carrying them.

Are they the same?

If the K+N is "discontinued" does that mean we are outta luck for support.

Will Dynojet repair or replace the K+N if it is faulty or fails in 5 months?

I hope any of us who got these are not screwing ourselves for the savings.

Maybe I should have got the Dynojet one. :unsure:

Anyone know what's up?

Yes, there must be a clandestine conspiracy there. The evil K&N people made their own cheap imposter gizmo but being lazy they just neglected to rename it. Therefore all their literature is plastered all over with Dynojet Reasearch logos and they even named it Powercommander lll !

Also, for no other reason then to camouflage it even more there made it look and work virtually identical. Hell, even packaging is the same. But no, they can fool everybody but not us. We will rather spend twice as much or more and buy the very same thing from our friendly dealer.

Guest JohnInNH

Just for the record ... I do not think K+N is evil, and do not accuse them of selling a knock off, or inferior unit.

I was not sure if the K+N distributed unit was a different revision or different in some way other than just the paint job compared to the one sold directly from Dynojet.

I don't see why asking that would be such a far fetched idea.