Scarborough International Bike Week

Orson

Not been to Bike Week. I went to the Barry Sheene memorial as part of the 05 RBR

49NorthYorksOliversMount.jpg

I was surprised on how narrow the track was. You can drive around it as a public road, something like a 20mph speed limit. Make sure you go the right way. There was one Saxo tearing around when I was there.

It was supposed to be the end point for the National Rally this year(coinciding with the start of bike week), but the entry was down and the event cancelled. Perhaps it was just too far out the way and with a special stage the following day for most people. It was for me.

Why is there a pastry setting on your pannier? :huh:

;)

Good spot - a Cornish Pasty - awaits my attention whilst I change over the route cards in the tank bag window ready for my next leg. Might have been a twin pack in which case I'm either eating the other or had it at previous stop or it's in the tank bag in the wrapper for the next stop. That's time management so can squeeze maximum distance, only quick stops for fuel and landmarks. That was a 500 mile day 12 hours.

Guest Nogbad

Good spot - a Cornish Pasty - awaits my attention whilst I change over the route cards in the tank bag window ready for my next leg. Might have been a twin pack in which case I'm either eating the other or had it at previous stop or it's in the tank bag in the wrapper for the next stop. That's time management so can squeeze maximum distance, only quick stops for fuel and landmarks. That was a 500 mile day 12 hours.

So, who ate all the pies? Martin!

I used to live 60 miles down the road from Oliver's Mount, and take my Ducati Darmah to the Italian Owners' Club Concours [never won a thing; should have washed it] every year. This was at the "Cock of the North" meetings in July. I attended one of the September Bike Week meetings before I left England, and it was just as good. Everything they say about the Scarborough circuit [mini TT circuit, etc] can be taken as true - it's a fantastic spectators' circuit.

Guest Rumbled

I used to live 60 miles down the road from Oliver's Mount, and take my Ducati Darmah to the Italian Owners' Club Concours [never won a thing; should have washed it] every year. This was at the "Cock of the North" meetings in July. I attended one of the September Bike Week meetings before I left England, and it was just as good. Everything they say about the Scarborough circuit [mini TT circuit, etc] can be taken as true - it's a fantastic spectators' circuit.

I live in Scarborough and have been up at the races as long as I can remember, but it's only since I decided to start marshalling at the I.O.M. T.T. that it occured to me to do the same up at the Mount. I started the ball rolling by helping to set the track up last friday, putting the straw bales out, etc., then marshalling at the esses on saturday. I enjoyed it immensely and as I'm retired, it's nice to do a useful job of work, instead of just being a bike riding, fun-loveing International Playboy :sun: By the way, you get free food vouchers, so you don't have to bring your own Cornish Pasties :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Went once a long time ago to the Italian Owners Concours with my Mk2 Le Mans. I spent 2 weeks polishing it prior to going. I think mine was the dirtiest there. A 500 mile round trip but was well worth it. By the way Rumbled, I used to live in Hunmanby in my youth and have fond memories of that area. I had a Honda SS50 then and used to travel go to Scarborough Tech from Hunmanby. I dont think there was a corner between the tech and home that I didnt crash at some point.