Setting Proper Sag

dlaing

After a six month LOA I return to find Ratshit is still being a twat to anyone who doesn't conform to his absolute authority. Some folks is mechanics, some just play one on the internet. :lol:

Have to agree just as well Jaap's on holiday, your insults are petty and childish I just passed comment on your never ending whitering

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the above your idea of "invective"?? Wot English meaning of the term are you using, praytell??

Sorry old man... didn't know you'd lost your dictionary.... I'll keep it down to four letters or less from now on, for ya! :rolleyes:

Invective

1. vehement or violent denunciation, censure, or reproach.

2. a railing accusation; vituperation.

3. an insulting or abusive word or expression.

Guest ratchethack
Sorry old man... didn't know you'd lost your dictionary.... I'll keep it down to four letters or less from now on, for ya! :rolleyes:

Invective

1. vehement or violent denunciation, censure, or reproach.

2. a railing accusation; vituperation.

3. an insulting or abusive word or expression.

Hm. Didn't need a dictionary for the meaning (nor for the spelling of fusillade) meself, Brian. ;) That would be me own understanding of the use of the word. Just needed to make sure you weren't using a non-English version of the term? Now without employing a bit of a contorted stretch, have you an example of anything I posted that I've directed toward yoursef (or anyone else, for that matter) that you think qualifies for the use of the term as you've applied it when you posted, "a fusilade [sic] of personal invective" in your post #112? :huh2:

This is apparently where you found "a fusilade [sic] of personal invective":

Wrong. As I b'lieve you've experienced yourself, Dave, when forks are severely undersprung for the load they're subjected to (probably the most typical suspension mismatch problem there is), you can ride around on the air spring at a tiny fraction of available suspension travel and never bottom out. I've seen countless riders who do this for years and years. Come to think of it, this is exactly wot you did with your Marz fork before replacing the whole thing, Dave. :doh: Depending on the rate and load, the ride will be to some degree harsh and jarring, but due to the rising rate of the air spring, it's virtually impossible to bottom most modern forks, barring a crash, in which case bottoming out ain't usually part of anybody's concerns anyway. ;)

Now I've conceded to being wrong on this -- to the extent that a woefully negligent setup on a fork, with limp-noodle wimpy springs and a Big 'Un on 'em might actually bottom a modern fork. . . :P

But I'll be hornswoggled and tied to a tree if I can find "a fusilade [sic] of personal invective"?!

Please do advise. ;)

Don't worry badmotogoozer not you but you know who.

Hack:, cheap journalist who works for tabloids and likes to wind people up and press all the wrong buttons

• 3 weeks later...