MPH bar riser

Steve G.

I wanted to tell everyone how happy I am with Todd's handlebar kit. It has transfered the ride into one of long term comfort, most especially on the pre 2002 V11's, with their longer "cafe racer" reach.

One thing I am interested in is a longer throttle cable. I was looking at a buddies '04 Balabio, and there seems a much longer routing situation. Would anyone out there venture to know weather the cable is longer, and by how much? Actually, I know it's longer just by looking at the later style handlebar set up. I think I need around 3 1/2 - 4 inches longer to have the routing I'd like.

Ciao, Steve

I wanted to tell everyone how happy I am with Todd's handlebar kit. It has transfered the ride into one of long term comfort, most especially on the pre 2002 V11's, with their longer "cafe racer" reach.

One thing I am interested in is a longer throttle cable. I was looking at a buddies '04 Balabio, and there seems a much longer routing situation. Would anyone out there venture to know weather the cable is longer, and by how much? Actually, I know it's longer just by looking at the later style handlebar set up. I think I need around 3 1/2 - 4 inches longer to have the routing I'd like.

Ciao, Steve

Yours has the right-angle htrottle, yes? If so, I do not think there is a longer cable with the right ends and amount of freeplay. It is possible the cable from the early LeMans is slightly longer. Unfortunately, I do not have a correct early V11 cable to compare it to (the ones I have are all mislabeled, as it turns out).

Greg speaks truth,

the Ballabio cables have a 90 degree arc in the grip end of the cable.

2 cable set-up on the Ballabio, also.

The early cable I have (01117560) measures 1080 mm overall, 855 mm sheath.

Of course with MGNA in the mix, it may always be for a Falcone.

I have a suggestion that may earn a "bodge Point"...

I installed a similar set that I purchased from a forum member...

Same cable problem.

I re-routed to the out-side of shocks and cut a notch in the plastic cover (frame cover) to allow full movement to the right.

It was also nessary to change the angle of the banjo fitting at the top.

With the right amount of re-routing you can make the existing cable work.

:mg: