Next project- 1100 Cafe Racer

Guzzirider

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jaap- some nice bikes there- I like Hartmut's HTM bike. Maybe I need to take a hacksaw to the rear frame rails to get that shortened look!

I may pop in and see him on Friday week, as he is only down the road from Valkenburg in Aachen- I don't know if anyone else would like to join me.

Guy :helmet:

htmoto.jpg

nice that but the rear mudguard line is wrong, just too short

Agreed. I'd have thought with that beautiful long tank it wouldn't have unbalanced it to extend the cowl/bubble another 4-6".

That said, I'd take her and show her off with pride every chance I got, just as she sits. Beautiful piece.

[quote ...can I ask what rearsets those are?

I think they look like tarozzi rearsets - but i might be wrong. if they are tarozzis they have different foot pegs and some of the bracketry has been polished or blasted. Each to their own but I don't really rate Tarozzis.. I had some and thought they were dubious quality (perhaps just the pair i had) and the shift was poor. Agostini make some superb period looking rearsets for just a few more quid and they are simple and classy and work great.

It is nice that open look. Guy is right tho it would be nightmare to keep it 'open' looking with a fuel injection setup..

How far have you got Guy - or are you accumulating parts at the minute...

I've just started my 850lemans project.... fancy a ride to manello for the gmg2008 on the finished articles?

G

erm....... sorry - just been really stupid and replied to a question asked over a month ago. I could blame it on being new to the forum, or it being early monday morning.... or, erm... just being plain dumb.

Hi Gyles

Early days yet!

I've stripped off all the cruiser bodywork, pegs, airbox etc just to leave a rolling chassis and motor. I've fitted some huge K & N pods, and started to fit the rear sets, although these will need some bodging to get them to fit, as they are from a 1000S. I've left the big bars and centrestand on at the moment to help me move the thing around and work on it.

I'm due to go up to Dumfries at the end of this month so that John at the Tank shop can measure up for the tank, seat unit, side panels and mudguards. Several people have warned me that he is slow, but also that his work is excellent, so I may have to be patient, even though he reckoned he could have it all done in a week.

I need to start selling bits of Jackal now to help fund the project!

Regards

Guy :helmet: