Next project- 1100 Cafe Racer

Guzzirider

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would describe the handling like that of a somewhat heavier V50III. The steering is a little slower than the V11, but it tracks well. I used YSS shocks on the back and the FAC dampers and Wirth springs on the front and the bike rides and soaks up the bumps like a dream. So far, I really like the RAM clutch and if they make a version of it for the V11 Ballabio, I would definitely think hard about it when it's time to replace the clutch. One thing for certain, you definitely get more torque reaction from the shaft than you do with the V11. I can almost never feel the shaft effect on the V11, but definitely notice it on the V1000.

The brakes with those 300mm full floater discs, 4 pot Brembo's, and the new Brembo 16mm MC and stainless/teflon lines are nothing short of spectacular. I think it brakes better than the Ballabio. I found one finger was pretty much all it ever took to haul the thing down. I suspect that also has a lot to do with the weight.

Even though the V1000 motor is a small valve motor, the thing pulls hard. I suspect because a fair amount of weight has been eliminated from it and that the power to weight ratio is up a bit. The bike is definitely smaller and tighter than the Ballabio. When I got back on the V11 after riding it for a bit, I felt like I was on a Norge in comparison.

I did 100mph on it on the way home with it and there seemed to be plenty more. I guess I would attribute that to the PHF36's and K&N filters. The Lafranconi Comps have a nice bark to them too!

Overall, it doesn't feel that much slower than the Ballabio.

Could you remind me what cam you are running in it?

The stock cam seems to run out of breath a little above 100mph (top gear), but does pretty well on the bottom end.

personally, I like the small valve motors. Plenty of go and plenty of inexpensive spare parts.

Nice Job!!!

I would describe the handling like that of a somewhat heavier V50III. The steering is a little slower than the V11, but it tracks well. I used YSS shocks on the back and the FAC dampers and Wirth springs on the front and the bike rides and soaks up the bumps like a dream. So far, I really like the RAM clutch and if they make a version of it for the V11 Ballabio, I would definitely think hard about it when it's time to replace the clutch. One thing for certain, you definitely get more torque reaction from the shaft than you do with the V11. I can almost never feel the shaft effect on the V11, but definitely notice it on the V1000.

The brakes with those 300mm full floater discs, 4 pot Brembo's, and the new Brembo 16mm MC and stainless/teflon lines are nothing short of spectacular. I think it brakes better than the Ballabio. I found one finger was pretty much all it ever took to haul the thing down. I suspect that also has a lot to do with the weight.

Even though the V1000 motor is a small valve motor, the thing pulls hard. I suspect because a fair amount of weight has been eliminated from it and that the power to weight ratio is up a bit. The bike is definitely smaller and tighter than the Ballabio. When I got back on the V11 after riding it for a bit, I felt like I was on a Norge in comparison.

I did 100mph on it on the way home with it and there seemed to be plenty more. I guess I would attribute that to the PHF36's and K&N filters. The Lafranconi Comps have a nice bark to them too!

Overall, it doesn't feel that much slower than the Ballabio.

Having the 1000cc bores helps a great deal with the pulling power, my 850 is somewhat flat and slow but cruises nice up in the 70's. Interesting comment on the fac and wirth combo, I have tried several combos of springs and dampers on my T3 and so far they all suck! I guess i'll give the fac's a try. I assume the wirth springs were progressively wound?

Hal