Northern Cal Not-a-rally, Sept 7-9, 2007

What is a not-a-rally you ask?

It's a rally without all the normal rally stuff. No pins, tee shirts, or swag of any kind. No bike shows, slow bike contests, or Long distance 2up awards. Nobody is responsible for anything other than themselves. Basically we meet in a place where there is some good riding and a place to stay where we can walk to a bar or just hang out at the hotel. It is the essence of a rally, :race: + :food: + :bier: . What more do you need?

Fortuna was selected due to it's location near one end of Hwy 36, which is considered by some as the best sportbike road in the state. But there are many other good roads in the area and the lost coast is also accesible from there. There are a number of hotels in Fortuna, but the Comfort Inn was reccomended as the best value and is stumbling distance from the Eel River Brewing company, or so I'm told by people who have actually made the stumble.

It is pretty far away for most people so you may want to take a couple of days off work to make it worthwhile. I will be going up on either Thurs or Fri and riding home on Monday.

The link below shows lodging in Fortuna. Besides the Comfort Inn, there are 3 others in the same general location. You can link to reservations through the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=14&om=1

P.S. At the risk of ruining the Not-a-rally status I had the idea of having a motorcycle movie night. If you have anything on DVD, bring it along.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm...that's only 'bout seven hours from here. I may well indeed be able to make it, provided the duty schedule at work will play nice. I'll take a look and PM you off line.

Hey, I live here! :)

Actually I live in Eureka...just 18 miles north of ground zero for this "non-event."

Unfortunately (it's all in the timing) my Le Mans has decided to act up during the hight of the riding season once again...such a prima dona. Electrical problems.

Anyway, the bike is being trailered down this weekend (Labor Day) and being dropped off at my "local" dealership (250 fricken miles away) for repair. Hopefully it will return to me soon.

So on the weekend of 08/08 I will be either bikeless or trailering my bike back home.

If bikeless, then I will try to steal the wife's Suzkuki SV650 and motor on down (don't hate me for riding Japanese) or if on the road picking up my Guzzi then I will stop by with my trailer queen.

Either way I hope to see some Guzzi's in Fortuna...the town could use some Italian noise...and Hwy 36, oh my!