Part throttle hiccup

BrianG

Guest ratchethack

Ratch, I've lost track. Did you ever actually change your, I mean 'yer', tensioner and recheck the scatter?

Not yet, Docc. There are pressing priorities at the moment. But with any luck, I might actually get the timing chest cracked sometime tomorrow. Will advise. -_-

Now where's my chest cracker. . . :whistle:

-- Doctor Heath Rackbasket, G.M.D., Esq., BAA, TJM & YMMV, etc.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ratchethack

Here's grist for your grinder, Ratchethack! Why on earth did MG place the TPS on the remote throttle body? Life would be so much easier if it lived on the active TB unit, leaving balancing as the only significant adjustment for the right side and no need for going round and round this silly circle where one adjustment messes up things on the other side.....

Je ne sais quoi, mon ami? (You do speak "Eastern Canuck", don't you?) :grin:

I'm just mighty pleased they didn't put the blamed thing on the BOTTOM of the TB, either side -- since this is where they put 'em on the cruisers, which (evidently) eventually allows 'em to fill up with cooked-off fuel residue through the butterfly shaft, eventually fouling the wiper contacts in the TPS beyond salvage. . . :homer:

Maybe this is a good winter project....... :drink:

To save walking around the Guzzi a few times every 6K mi (by the Guzzi Service Schedule)? :huh2:

Oh, that's right. Your winters are a little rough up there in el Norte by the Arctic Circle, ain't they? ;)

Carry on, then! :thumbsup:

Je ne sais quoi, mon ami? (You do speak "Eastern Canuck", don't you?) :grin:

I'm just mighty pleased they didn't put the blamed thing on the BOTTOM of the TB, either side -- since this is where they put 'em on the cruisers, which (evidently) eventually allows 'em to fill up with cooked-off fuel residue through the butterfly shaft, eventually fouling the wiper contacts in the TPS beyond salvage. . . :homer:

To save walking around the Guzzi a few times every 6K mi (by the Guzzi Service Schedule)? :huh2:

Oh, that's right. Your winters are a little rough up there in el Norte by the Arctic Circle, ain't they? ;)

Carry on, then! :thumbsup:

Yikes... upside down would be even worse!

Indeed, the winters up here are at least 8 months long, so it's important to find something creative and engaging to do.... just to save the liver!! :drink:

Guest ratchethack

Indeed, the winters up here are at least 8 months long, so it's important to find something creative and engaging to do.... just to save the liver!! :drink:

From wot I unnerstan', in winter in Edmonton, when the drinking for wotever reason slows down, hockey games have been known to break out. . . :o:P:whistle: