gearbox V11 lemans

Guest v11eric

Hi Hank:

If you could find out the reason why the spring breaks, it will be very helpful. Though this is not your job, it will be a good piece of information for owners. When it happens to me again next time, I will avoid using the Guzzi stocked spring. I guess I am going to get the broken spring after it is replaced and study it more carefully. What you had said makes sense. Maybe it is not heat treated properly.

LYL

Great to hear that MGNA finally responded to you at least!!

.......now if you can just get your spring! Who knows when my fortunately only cosmetic warrantee pieces will arrive :unsure:

But regarding your enricher(choke) cable, I haven't had any trouble with mine. It works like a charm. The only issue I had was that the cable was touching the right cylinder, and I tied it back into the harnesses to get it away. The jacket had started to melt a little, but I caught it in time.

al

Guest I had my spring break at 600 mil

I had my spring break at 600 miles on my 02 scura. My dealer, in Tucson Arizona, took the existing, broken spring and modified it. He told me he didn't like the design and thought another replacement

would break again. I now have 6500 miles on it and have had no problem. The dealership is...Renaissance Cycles in Tucson. Give him a call and maybe he can tell you what he did to the spring.

Guest JohnInNH

Last night while inspecting the underside of my 02 LeMans to see how to remove the canister (which is rattling) I noticed my transmistion is leaking. Hummm... <_

Guest Jaap

It's not the spring, just a minor oil leak (it doesn't even drip on the carpet of the living room... :D ) But when I have the spring break I'll give him a call.

Guest jlburgess

Regarding the fast idle lever not having an effect on the idle speed:

I had the same problem. There's too much of a gap at the actuating roller at the throttle body. I was able to fix it by cutting off a small piece of vacuum hose and putting it over the roller. 5 second fix works great.

I've read that some weeping is more-or-less normal out of the back of the tranny shaft into the clutch area, and you would see this where you describe.

I think it's common during break-in, and if you've switched to synthetics, which some say isn't such a good idea.... opinions, opinions <_>

My recollection is that if it's just a "weep", then it's no big deal... but if it is *leaking*.. then you'll have clutch problems(remember, it's a dry clutch) and it just "isn't good" :)

al

Guest v11eric

John, Jaap,

Are you sure it's the transmision leaking? does it smell like transmision oil?

I had the same mess but it appeart to be engine oil slowly leaking down from the braetinghose connected to the frame. Repacement of the brass ring for a alu one solved it sofar.

oilfree

Eric v11lemans

Guest Jaap

I've already changed the washers you mentioned on the frame for alu ones and that's closed up now. But I still have this small but strange leak. I'll have TLM take a look at it.

• 3 months later...

Great tip about using a piece of vacuum hose on the actuating roller! BTW, my lever was extremely difficult to engage, so I removed the spring at the end of the cable while I was at it. (There was almost no movement allowed with that spring in place.) Now the lever works like it should've from day one.