Ferracci crossover

Dimitris

Hi all!

Has anyone fitted the Ferracci crossover? Is it suitable with lamda sensor?

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=p...detail&p=22

Rumor has it the Ferracci x-over tends to crack at the welds.

Check here for Greg Field's very good write-up about 4 crossovers.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11564

:bier:

Thank you VA Sean. So I am confused now. I am thinking of the air box open lid by FBF, PCIII, Stucchi crossover and FBF mufflers. Do you think it will be ok?

Thank you VA Sean. So I am confused now. I am thinking of the air box open lid by FBF, PCIII, Stucchi crossover and FBF mufflers. Do you think it will be ok?

I wish I had an educated, supportable answer for you, but I do not. I don't even pretend to have mechanical knowledge, so I really rely on the good folks on this board and some other boards for assistance. I have learned that the dealer where I bought my bike 2 years ago pretty much sucks, so I have been DIY for the past year. That is something I had never dreamed of prior to buying my bike.

To be quite honest, I have dealt with Greg a number of times and I really trust him and value what he has to say. I went with my set-up because it seemed that it was what I was looking for based on his write-up.

I HAVE NOT BEEN DISAPPOINTED!

Will you be ok?

IM(very uneducated)O - sure... If that is the set-up that you want, I am sure it will work and I am sure there are plenty of guys on this board who've done the exact same thing (maybe they'll even chime in!!!). It sounds like a good set-up, and if you are skilled at tuning at all, or will be taking it to someone who is, then I can't imagine it being a big problem.

• 1 month later...

None of the US V11s have a lambda sensor. I believe none of the FBF crossovers in the US have the plug for a lambda sensor. Those in Europe may differ. In my opinion, having used all of the above, I would advise that you avoid the FBF crossover. It works great, but I have seen too many crack, including my own. If you want a high-rpm-power crossover, get the Stucchi. Yes, it is much more expensive, but it is also much more stoutly built. The late Stucchis all have a lambda port. The late Mistrals also have a lambda port. I use the Mistral because it appears to me to give better low- and mid-range performance. It also works with a centerstand. For my uses, that made the Mistral more attractive. Most others prefer the Stucchi. Eveidence suggests that the Stucchi makes 5 or so more peak hp than the Mistral, at the cost of a less flat torque curve from 2500-5500 rpm.

None of the US V11s have a lambda sensor. I believe none of the FBF crossovers in the US have the plug for a lambda sensor. Those in Europe may differ. In my opinion, having used all of the above, I would advise that you avoid the FBF crossover. It works great, but I have seen too many crack, including my own. If you want a high-rpm-power crossover, get the Stucchi. Yes, it is much more expensive, but it is also much more stoutly built. The late Stucchis all have a lambda port. The late Mistrals also have a lambda port. I use the Mistral because it appears to me to give better low- and mid-range performance. It also works with a centerstand. For my uses, that made the Mistral more attractive. Most others prefer the Stucchi. Eveidence suggests that the Stucchi makes 5 or so more peak hp than the Mistral, at the cost of a less flat torque curve from 2500-5500 rpm.

Thank you Greg,

Finally I bought the Mistral crossover, with the oval titianium Mistral exhausts, the FBF airbox conversion kit and the PCIII. I just cant get off that bike...anymore...It is sooo enjoyable...the reason that I didnt prefer the FBF crossover is because I had read a thread (maybe yours) in this forum, about the crack problem.

Now I am thinkinf of the FBF piston kit, as a winter project..