V11 Centerstand and Mistral X-over mounting

VA Sean

Below is a link to the process of when I mounted my centerstand and Mistral X-over.

I will add to this with a write-up of the step-by-step if people want me to. But suffice to say, if I can do it with my ham fists and 10 thumbs, anyone can!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSi...mshare&Ux=0

You will note that the OEM X-over did not have an O2 sensor, whereas the Mistral did. I went to a local auto parts store to find an appropriate plug (they gave me blank stares when I asked for an O2 Sensor Plug, so I just grabbed the ones I thought would work... when none worked, I returned with the X-over in hand and found the right one) and then I went to the Home Depot to get a washer that fit with the plug.

a link to the process of when I mounted my centerstand and Mistral X-over.

Sean, where did your centre stand come from, it looks a nice bit of kit? Can you post a few more details please e.g. how much? How effective in use etc?

Cheers John :food:

Sean, where did your centre stand come from, it looks a nice bit of kit? Can you post a few more details please e.g. how much? How effective in use etc?

John -

I bought it from Moto International in Seattle. Call Greg Field and he should be able to hook you up. I don't know where they source them - but I am guessing this it is closer to you since you are in Leeds. Perhaps TLM will have them for you on that side of the pond. I do not know.

I don't recall the exact figure because I bought it at the same time I bought the Mistral X-over, some gasket sets and a bunch of other stuff. I think it is in the $300 USD range, but I am not sure (could have been $50 more or less than that - I honestly don't remember).

Installation was a snap since I had already removed the charcoal cannister and X-over. But if you weren't planning to do that already, it would be more of a pain in the neck because you'll have to get under there and remove those so that you can access the area where 2 mounting tabs fasten to bolts on the charcoal cannister's retaining bracket. The other two mounting brackets fasten to the lowest bolts of bike's the "pork chops." Get that all fixed up, then put the x-over back on and throw the charcoal cannister away (or put it on a shelf - whatever).

Effective? Very for the reason I wanted it. My closest "reliable" shop is in another state. I already have the V11 shop stand for home use. But, I am planning some long trips this fall and even longer ones next year, so I really wanted the center stand for roadside and/or parking lot maintenance issues.

Greetings, John

On the surface, this kit looks to me like it does the job. I just spotted an advert for it in the MGNOC newsletter. Moto International advertises it at $249. "One model fits the early Sports with 170 rear tire, the other fits later Sports and V11s with 180 tire." Greg's number is 206-297-3822, email is parts@motointernational.com

Cheers,

John

I just spotted an advert for it in the MGNOC newsletter. Moto International advertises it at $249. "One model fits the early Sports with 170 rear tire, the other fits later Sports and V11s with 180 tire." Greg's number is 206-297-3822, email is parts@motointernational.com

:homer:

Thanks -

I guess that was a bit of pertinent info I left out!

:grin:

:homer:

Thanks -

I guess that was a bit of pertinent info I left out!

:grin:

No problem. I just thought John would appreciate the details. He was one of the guys that installed my forward (natural) position foot controls, was pleased with them, and had suggested I look into building center stands. No need for me to re-invent the wheel if there is another good solution. Good aftermarket products make us Guzzi riders happy campers, and that's good for Guzzi too!

:bier:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

VA Sean, If you have a moment, could you please repost the photo. The link in the original photo is broken. thanks

Hmm - not sure what happened. I'll see if I can find the pics to repost them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

well, crap.

I can't seem to get it to work.

Sorry about that fellas.

I guess kodak gallery changed their settings, and I haven't been on their site in a long time, so I don't know how to remedy it.