What is in your V11 Tool Kit?

Guest Scura Owner

Guest Scura Owner

Did anyone get any open end wrenches in their tool kit? I received 4 allen wrenches, 1 pair of pliers, 1 screwdriver and a spark plug wrench. BTW the spark plug wrench does not fit due to a seam.

I'll post the contents of my tool kit when my Le Mans is finally ready, but I wanted to mention that I outlined the contents of a toolkit for '70-95 BMW R-bikes, as sold by MotoBins, a UK retailer. It's all available here:

http://www.obairlann.net/~reaper/bmw-bike/...ns-toolkit.html

Obviously some of the tools will be different, but a lot of those are universal tools, and it's a useful list to refer to.

I glanced at the toolkit on a testride V11 Sport I was riding, and immediately thought to myself that I would be supplementing it.

Guest v11eric

Don't juse the original tools, just replace it for real tools if you want to screw with the original tools they'll fall apart!! :huh::D:helmet:

greetings

Eric

01 V11 Lemans

My kit came with a couple open ends, allen keys, a screw driver, spark plug wrench, pliars, and shock spring adjuster (bitubo).

The allen keys wear out after one good torquing, so I also recommend better ones.

The pliars are useless and rusted shut, so I replaced with vice-grip.

I got lucky with the spring adjuster.

I threw in a rag, an adjustable wrench, a tail light bulb, feeler gauges, and some zip ties.

Carb balancer won't fit. <_>

Does anyone have any other suggestions?