UK V11 Meeting 2008?

Guzzirider

Hi Bertie,

Good to hear that you're back on the Orkneys and had a good trip (I presume :) ). Looking forward to your trip report......(You're forced to make one now since both Guzzirider, Jaap and I are awaiting....)

Anyway, I just checked whether there's a ferry from Denmark to Newcastle and surprise, surprise - there isn't! The "easiest" way is to drive down to Ijmuiden/Amsterdam and get onboard. Jaap and Anton, when are you guys leaving? I'm planning to catch the ferry on the 15th of May at 1800h and return on the 18th at 1730h from Newcastle. Sounds like another case of sore arse and upcomin headache....... :grin:

Cheers

Søren

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke with Dave at Ken Bridge- rooms are getting booked up fast so I would reserve asap if you want to stay in the hotel.

He also mentioned that several rooms have been booked in single names- if you have already booked a double or family room in just your name, it may be an idea to put a post on here so you can find a buddy to share with you. Please let the hotel know who will be the other person.

For anybody who has yet to book, please try and find someone to share with before making your reservation.

Hope this makes sense!

Campers don't need to book.

Cheers

Guy :helmet:

Just spoke with Dave at Ken Bridge- rooms are getting booked up fast so I would reserve asap if you want to stay in the hotel.

He also mention that several rooms have been booked in single names- if you have already booked a double or family room in just your name, it may be an idea to put a post on here so you can find a buddy to share with you. Please let the hotel know who will be the other person.

For anybody who has yet to book, please try and find someone to share with before making your reservation.

Hope this makes sense!

Campers don't need to book.

Cheers

Guy :helmet:

I told Sue that I could crash with anybody, so all farters may apply...... :moon::D

Søren

I wass planning a trip over UK for 2008, letš say, if all goes well, I'll turn up :)

if not, I will go with our Guzzi Club Bohemia for the Nordkaap :) From Mandello del Lario to Norway, just like the Norge 1200 promo route :)

Dobryj den', Slavo. Kak delo?

Massive respect for taking such a long trip on your Goose :notworthy: Have you considered taking a a detour on your way up to Norway and make a pitstop in Ken Bridge? Would be great to meet a bunch of Czech riders.

Think about it.

Poka

Søren

Dobryj den', Slavo. Kak delo?

Sorry this is not Czech, but I understand :)

Well, I'll put that possibility on our meeting :) That would be definatelly great tour :)

Prague - Mandello del Lario - Norway - Ken Bridge - Prague :)))

I think, my ass is going to hate me :moon:

Great idea :)

Right now, we have a group about 10 bikes (Califs, Breva, V11, some ducati). So I'll see how it ends up :)

Or!

You can meet us in Mandello and travel with us to Nordkaap and end in Ken Bridge :thumbsup:

You will be most welcome Gyles! :bier:

Have you told Gyles about the initiation test he has to pass in order to join? You know, the one that requires two Rottweilers, one gallon of diesel, a rhino whip and some barbed wire??? :P

Or was it just me who had to be humiliated in public? :D

Søren

Have you told Gyles about the initiation test he has to pass in order to join? You know, the one that requires two Rottweilers, one gallon of diesel, a rhino whip and some barbed wire??? :P

Or was it just me who had to be humiliated in public? :D

Søren

He's a hard man, Søren, he races a Daytona! :D

My leave is booked so I'm in. Just have to decide whether to camp or not.

I probably won't do the RBR whilst I'm there, I'll be socialable for a change. I might take an extra day a still do it but there again might not.

Martin

I'll probably camp, but if you want to go for a room, I could be persuaded to make up a threesome.

D

(Any smart comments about that suggestion should be posted in the appropriate thread. Any photos of the 'third partner' can be PMed.)

PS

Don't go off riding all over Britain while you're (not) there.

Change of plan, not camping now,sharing room with Soren... :bier: Yes Guy, made it to Mandello, even had a night at Al Verde. Trip report when I get my act together......

Hello Bertie, I believe it was you who met my Belgian mates Christel & Herman in Mandello. I had just left for the coast after the Raduno. I spoke to them in Belgium on my way home and they said they had been talking to a man from Orkney. Could only have been you.

Robert.

Oh yes, and I'll most likely come to Ken Bridge too.