Stelvio

biesel

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting- looks like the 4V motor, radial brakes and I would guess a low seat height option, looking at how the rider's seat does not blend exactly with the pillion.

Bodywork looks pre-production- I am sure it will look smarter when finished. I'm not sure if it just the camera angle but the Stlevio looks a fair bit sleeker than a GS.

Contrary to some of the doom and gloom merchants, I have a good feeling about this bike- now that it has the 4v motor I think it will be more powerful, reliable and less vibey than the 1200GS.

Guy :helmet:

I like it...

It needs tubeless rims ala the R12GS and Aprilia Caponord, but I like it...

I'm guessing that Guzzi are having trouble keeping pricing down, so the tubeless rims are the first to go...

If they want to compete with BMW's GS, they will need tubeless spoked rims and maybe even mags available...

For a couple grand less than a GS...

and I would guess a low seat height option, looking at how the rider's seat does not blend exactly with the pillion.

Guy :helmet:

Adjustable seat height, sorta like the BMWs, I would guess...

I like it. I prefer my adventure bikes to be a bit odd or ugly looking. It just seems right.

The seat looks adjustable to me, shades of the BMW RT.

When they're a bit on the ugly side you don't mind as much when you start banging it up. After all

its an adventure bike, it should be dirty and scratched. I like it! It looks smaller and more nimble than a GS 1200 that would be a good start.

I like it alot, might be in my future, I'd take it over that 12gs peice of cruap, I heard the GS handles well when its running, plus with the stelvio you know its a :mg:

been looking for a good dual purpose, hopefully it lands in the states for a reasonable price. :thumbsup:

Funny, it has the same tires I currently have on my V11sport, think I sould try and take thje V11 offroad???? NAH.

I like it alot, might be in my future, I'd take it over that 12gs peice of cruap, I heard the GS handles well when its running, plus with the stelvio you know its a :mg:

been looking for a good dual purpose, hopefully it lands in the states for a reasonable price. :thumbsup:

Funny, it has the same tires I currently have on my V11sport, think I sould try and take thje V11 offroad???? NAH.

You running Scorpion Syncs ???

The tires on the Stelvio are probably MT90 S/T. Same tread pattern, though...

You running Scorpion Syncs ???

The tires on the Stelvio are probably MT90 S/T. Same tread pattern, though...

Yes, I have Scorpion Syncs and they ROCK, the grip is just amazing, I can scrap the side stand and the footpeg,on the non sidestand side :D They even work pretty well on gravel and whatnot, nothing works well with sand on the roadway and I mean nothin. But in the grass(a lil) and gravel they feel fine but on the road they feel like glue, wet they're good too but not as good as the Metzelers on the RSVR. -_-

Who needs a Stelvio when you've got a V11 Le Mans? :lol:

LeuppMoenkopiTubaSFPks-Tenni-Aug-3.jpg

It's a good bike for MG to build and sell, but not for me to buy. Definitely more attractive than a BMW, but still kind of insect-looking from the front. I liken it to a praying mantis. ^_^ Probably a decent touring mount. Good deal on the 8V motor in anything. Tubeless aftemarket rims may be available.

I think I'll keep my current offroady steed for stuff like this:

Moab-Sep07016.jpg

Thanks for the interesting post.

Kevin

Is that dirt road in the second pic just a few miles along from Mexican Hat?

Kevin

Is that dirt road in the second pic just a few miles along from Mexican Hat?

That's not Mokee Dugway, this is:

37593430-M.jpg

I'd like to know which road it is, though.... B)

I think it's on White Rim Trail in Moab. I've seen pics of it before, but can't remember the name of this section of road...