Stelvio

biesel

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is there not to like :wub:

Gary

As the engine lump is still carrying stress, I wonder have they increased the strength of the engine casing? It doesn't look like it from the photos. The weakness of the V.11, which cracks the casing too easily when a laden bike falls, would need to be much improved on in a bike like this, you'd think?

I don't like the unflattering bulkiness and unsympathetic surfeit of plastic that the recent designs have. It's like the huge volume of the first Griso exhaust epitomises a major styling value that MG has injected into the heart of its design vision.

• 2 weeks later...
Was in to my local dealer yesterday and he is expecting delivery of a stelvio in 2-3 weeks time.

That must be a record- from official unveiling in just over a month- Guzzi are learning!

Remember how long it took a Griso to find itself into a showroom!

That must be a record- from official unveiling in just over a month- Guzzi are learning!

Remember how long it took a Griso to find itself into a showroom!

Well he said he would phone me when its in but he couldnt confirm a exact date as he couldnt get anyone at guzzi to answer there phones, he has also ordered a new bellagio!, dont know why he hasnt sold the one he,s got. asked if he is getting the new griso, he just said when he sells the old ones he will get new ones (he is hoping people dont realise there is a new engine out.

Gary

Guest TippyRacer

Why is it so ... angular. All the sharp pointy edges and ends = Japanese to me.

I prefer (visually) flowing lines, grace, smoothness, beauty, which is why I so often prefer Euro bikes and their sense of design.

Not bashing, just personal opinion. :wacko::cheese:

well joe, each bike has things what it does best, and what is important for you, we can't tell. Try to drive each of them for at least 2 hours. Maybe some will easy be of the list then.

If I'm capable of a plan, that will be it :D In the meantime, guess I'll have to wait awhile untill the 800GS and the Stelvio are available (in the flesh) for test rides...

• 1 month later...