Reverse-cone megaphones for V-11 Sport?

Guest Road Weazel

Guest Road Weazel

Does anyone make a set of these. I'm looking for real reverse-cone megaphones, not some JC Whitney Dunstall knockoffs. I've got the Stucchi X-Over and Guzzi Titanium slip-ons now and they're far too quiet for such a sweet motor.

Thanx.

Weazel

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone make a set of these. I'm looking for real reverse-cone megaphones, not some JC Whitney Dunstall knockoffs. I've got the Stucchi X-Over and Guzzi Titanium slip-ons now and they're far too quiet for such a sweet motor.

Thanx.

Weazel

Huh? What? SPEAK UP SONNY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

:oldgit:

These guys' website seems to have the most diverse selection of mufflers for Guzzi's, maybe you can find something to adapt? I like your idea, it goes with the cafe racer look of the V11, especially if you add bar end mirrors.

http://www.mgcycle.com/muffler.html

http://www.motointernational.com/main.htm

they also sell a lot of guzzi stuff but don't have an online catalog

If you are after loudness, I put a set of Two Brothers CF mufflers on my bike and they are loud! I bought a pair from a Honda RC51 and cut the Honda pipes in half to mate with my stucci crossover. I had to get the restrictors for the ends to quiet it down some. Still has a good rasp though.

Darn cold and windy out today, going to have to stop riding soon. :(

Joe

Guest Road Weazel
Darn cold and windy out today, going to have to stop riding soon. :(

Joe

I feel ya. I made two trips to NYC from Virginia Beach in the winter time. One for Thanksgiving '05 and one in January '06. On the Thanksgiving trip it snowed all the way from Richmond to the end of Maryland.

Here's a pic from the Jan trip.

HellofromNYPolite.JPG

Thank God for Gerbings, that's all I can say...

Weazel

• 1 year later...
I'm looking for real reverse-cone megaphones, ....

A very old thread! What time is it?

But it gives an opportunity to ask something that I've asked before (not here) and never got answered.

What does reverse cone mean? I.e. what does 'reverse' mean in this case?

A very old thread! What time is it?

But it gives an opportunity to ask something that I've asked before (not here) and never got answered.

What does reverse cone mean? I.e. what does 'reverse' mean in this case?

A megaphone pipe is just that: -

a reverse cone meg has a cone "cap" on the end of the megaphone, that reverses the pressure wave by having it reflect off the reversed-cone "cap" while still letting the exhaust flow escape from the hole in the "cap": -

Reverse cone megs are loud [no baffles]. Megaphone pipes are so effin' OhMyF!@%kingGod :oLOUD that they're not even allowed on racetracks any more. ;)

Reverse cone megs are to 4 stroke engines what unmuffled expansion chambers are to 2 smokes [only louder.] Would that the "loud pipes save lives" Harley-ridin' doofuses would discover that w/ reverse cone megs they could have loud pipes and power at something other than WFO both... at least that way they'd be able to get out of their own way! :lol: