...open up your Veglia and close it back again...

Guzzi2Go

• 10 months later...
39 minutes ago, rich888 said:

Might have to try this too! Mine reads half the correct rpms.

Shame there's not a way to pop the bezel off, but I guess it's crimped on, so cutting the can in half is a good trick!

And you are confident Relay#2 is the best it can be?

44 minutes ago, rich888 said:

Might have to try this too! Mine reads half the correct rpms.

Shame there's not a way to pop the bezel off, but I guess it's crimped on, so cutting the can in half is a good trick!

5 minutes ago, docc said:

And you are confident Relay#2 is the best it can be?

If you are sure you need to disassemble it, the bezel can be removed. I machined a pocket for the bezel to fit into, but others have used a big hose clamp. The trick is to keep the bezel from deforming as you carefully go around the crimp with a tool such as a tack puller, or a specially ground screwdriver. Just keep picking up the edge slowly as you go around it. Putting it back on is just the opposite. I used a peen punch with a polished radius to slowly tap it back in and down.

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

If you are sure you need to disassemble it, the bezel can be removed. I machined a pocket for the bezel to fit into, but others have used a big hose clamp. The trick is to keep the bezel from deforming as you carefully go around the crimp with a tool such as a tack puller, or a specially ground screwdriver. Just keep picking up the edge slowly as you go around it. Putting it back on is just the opposite. I used a peen punch with a polished radius to slowly tap it back in and down.

I have a big lathe and mill, so hopefully I can improvise some tooling to ease the bezel open and then push it back after. I saw someone use a bearing in the toolpost to roll the bezel back into place...

Are new uncrimped bezels available anywhere?

1 hour ago, rich888 said:

I have a big lathe and mill, so hopefully I can improvise some tooling to ease the bezel open and then push it back after. I saw someone use a bearing in the toolpost to roll the bezel back into place...

Are new uncrimped bezels available anywhere?

It'll be duck soup, then. Just make a cavity with a light push fit on the diameter of the bezel. Depth will be the same as the bezel.

Yes, one of the speedometer repair shops *has* bezels, but at an exorbitant price.. he obviously wants to get paid to work on yours. <shrug>

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

It'll be duck soup, then. Just make a cavity with a light push fit on the diameter of the bezel. Depth will be the same as the bezel.

Yes, one of the speedometer repair shops *has* bezels, but at an exorbitant price.. he obviously wants to get paid to work on yours. <shrug>

Duck soup? Ha! I like that. Not heard that phrase on this side of the pond. We might say "Lemon Squeezy" or "A piece of pi$$"

If it rattles, that means the counterweight has come loose.  And just won't show RPMs.  I took mine apart with a hose clamp and filed down paint can opener.  It was tougher getting it back on after I got it off. I just epoxied the weight back on.

If it is showing consistent but wrong readings and doesn't rattle, I'd look at electronics causes as mentioned above.