Any BREVA 1100 Owners?

Guest GuzziLee

Guest GuzziLee

I am ready to purchase a Breva 1100. :D This site has been great for my Ballabio and I need to be pushed over the fence for the B 1100, I am sure there are a few opinions out there. The bike appears to be a wonderful piece of engineering. The only issues I can find seem to be minor:

-the windshield,

-the limited drivetrain recall

-Somewhat Tame for a Guzzi

-the Euro 3 emmisions which make it lean and pop.

Any input is appreciated. :bier:

I am ready to purchase a Breva 1100. :D This site has been great for my Ballabio and I need to be pushed over the fence for the B 1100, I am sure there are a few opinions out there. The bike appears to be a wonderful piece of engineering. The only issues I can find seem to be minor:

-the windshield,

-the limited drivetrain recall

-Somewhat Tame for a Guzzi

-the Euro 3 emmisions which make it lean and pop.

Any input is appreciated. :bier:

Sorry, no help from me! I just don't care for the styling. Don't get me wrong: it's a comfortable bike, & if you ride 2-up often the pillion perch isn't bad[1], but I just find it too bland styling wise, & I absolutely hate the faux chrome tank antlers. :vomit:

I'd say get the 1200 Sport: all the Breva accessories fit, according to reports, but you start off w/ a slightly higher spec & have the "factory performance kit" available. Of course, if it were *my* money, I'd just wait a year or two for the new QV engine to propagate throughout the line... and the Forex rates to improve! :huh:

[1] per my gf's test-sit on the Breva 1100 @ the moto show a couple years back; no actual "in use" opinion.

Guest GuzziLee
Sorry, no help from me! I just don't care for the styling. Don't get me wrong: it's a comfortable bike, & if you ride 2-up often the pillion perch isn't bad[1], but I just find it too bland styling wise, & I absolutely hate the faux chrome tank antlers. :vomit:

I'd say get the 1200 Sport: all the Breva accessories fit, according to reports, but you start off w/ a slightly higher spec & have the "factory performance kit" available. Of course, if it were *my* money, I'd just wait a year or two for the new QV engine to propagate throughout the line... and the Forex rates to improve! :huh:

[1] per my gf's test-sit on the Breva 1100 @ the moto show a couple years back; no actual "in use" opinion.

Yeah, I'm with you on the styling. However beyond the ug factor it feels right, and so far aside from that astetic type of complaint , seems that most owners love the bike. If it weren't for the amazing deal $$on a dealer over stock and the fact that it is many thousands less than the new Sport 1200 I would be considering the latter. Although an eight valve Guzzi will always worth considering. :bier:

I don"t own a BREVA, but I recently did a test drive for a whole day , and I can say that it was a very pleasurable bike.

The philosophy behind the styling ( like it or not), is a do it all bike (commuting, two up travelling, even cornering if you are in the mood).

The ECU was fine adjusted, the bike was smooth, and easy to handle even in city traffic.

If you need it, it"s a good bike, tame for a GUZZI is not a bad thing when you have to do with a touring bike,

drivetrain recall should be fixed by now. as for the windshield it was Ok for me,...don"t know

what you don"t like.

I own the grandmother of BREVA, the 1000 MILLE GT and after 12 years with it, I still use it every day

to do the dirty work and save from many km,....my other Guzzi..s

Guest GuzziLee
I don"t own a BREVA, but I recently did a test drive for a whole day , and I can say that it was a very pleasurable bike.

The philosophy behind the styling ( like it or not), is a do it all bike (commuting, two up travelling, even cornering if you are in the mood).

The ECU was fine adjusted, the bike was smooth, and easy to handle even in city traffic.

If you need it, it"s a good bike, tame for a GUZZI is not a bad thing when you have to do with a touring bike,

drivetrain recall should be fixed by now. as for the windshield it was Ok for me,...don"t know

what you don"t like.

I own the grandmother of BREVA, the 1000 MILLE GT and after 12 years with it, I still use it every day

to do the dirty work and save from many km,....my other Guzzi..s

Thanks for the info. Aside form the styling I really like the bike and and will get one. After years of laying over these great twins it's going to be nice to be positioned properly. There is a lot of negative discussion on the factory windshield. I will probably try it as it was designed in the Guzzi wind tunnel so I am amazed it doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi GuzziLee,

As a Breva (2006 Breva V1100 ABS) owner for the last 2 years I can tell:

Very easy to ride motorcycle! Handles perfectly, the engine is smooth and the torque is satisfactory.

The riding position is one of the most comfortable ones I think. It is a very goog naked/tourer bike.

The fuel consumption is around 5,2 to 5,6 lt/100 km.

The front brakes are superb. The back brake is very powerful, that's why I preferred the ABS edition. The ABS system works..like you do not have any...it functions whenever you truly need it (panic brakes)

The pillion seat is very comfortable also. Best solution for me (if you like traveling with pillion) it to buy the MG hard bags and also the 45 lt top Box.

Disadvantage: The MG stock screen produces some buffeting effect when riding at speed 120-130 km/h or more. (there are some marques that produce after market screens, if you'll think you need it). The buffeting effect becomes more when riding with the pillion. (Much have been said to the mg-griso forum. You can read many things and find choices-solutions there www.mg-griso.com

Be well

Dimitris

P.S on the uploaded image you can see an aftermarket screen that I've mounted when traveling in winter, buffeting-free with a pillion.

dimitrisbiker.jpg

At the Italian day in Amsterdam last spring, I have had a ride with this 1100 Breva.

I dunno, maybe it’s me, but I continuously try to turn the right handle( it’s suppose to be the throttle) but nothing happen. A couple of second later there was a reaction. Héy, it’s still alive, I thought. To solve this problem I have to spend too many money (new program ecu, new mufflers, new air filters, new camshaft, etc) I call it money waste.

The ride parts of the bike, well, every corner goes wide. To solve this problem too, too many money to invest on it.

Like I said, it is me and not the bike… :lol:

Guest GuzziLee
Hi GuzziLee,

As a Breva (2006 Breva V1100 ABS) owner for the last 2 years I can tell:

Very easy to ride motorcycle! Handles perfectly, the engine is smooth and the torque is satisfactory.

The riding position is one of the most comfortable ones I think. It is a very goog naked/tourer bike.

The fuel consumption is around 5,2 to 5,6 lt/100 km.

The front brakes are superb. The back brake is very powerful, that's why I preferred the ABS edition. The ABS system works..like you do not have any...it functions whenever you truly need it (panic brakes)

The pillion seat is very comfortable also. Best solution for me (if you like traveling with pillion) it to buy the MG hard bags and also the 45 lt top Box.

Disadvantage: The MG stock screen produces some buffeting effect when riding at speed 120-130 km/h or more. (there are some marques that produce after market screens, if you'll think you need it). The buffeting effect becomes more when riding with the pillion. (Much have been said to the mg-griso forum. You can read many things and find choices-solutions there www.mg-griso.com

Be well

Dimitris

P.S on the uploaded image you can see an aftermarket screen that I've mounted when traveling in winter, buffeting-free with a pillion.

Thanks for the info. I actually just got it delivered yesterday in a snowstorm that dumped 14". Wish I could ride it. It looks like everything I expected. :D:D I will be putting a Mistral or similar exhaust and some type of wind screen. A guy over at Guzzitech had a givi that looked like it may work better. Here is the link:

www.givi.it/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=85&lang=en

Lee

Thanks for the info. I actually just got it delivered yesterday in a snowstorm that dumped 14". Wish I could ride it. It looks like everything I expected. :D:D I will be putting a Mistral or similar exhaust and some type of wind screen. A guy over at Guzzitech had a givi that looked like it may work better. Here is the link:

www.givi.it/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=85&lang=en

Lee

Putting a Mistral Silencer, as well as a Mistral (or Stucchi) Crossover is the best you can do! I am planning to do that also sometime in the future...

Be well

Dimitris

:D Congratulations on your new Breva 1100. I've had mine for 9 months and agree with what others have said here. The stock windscreen is the worst I've ever ridden behind. I'm 5'7" and in any position it is very noisy and buffets the hell out of my head. BTW, I wear a Scorpion EX 700 helmet. The low end power is very mild for an 1100cc twin IMHO. I will get a Stucchi or Mistral crossover to get rid of the catalytic converter and reduce the heat in 60 degree and warmer weather. My breva 1100 handles very nicely for a full figured bike. Good luck with yours. Peace.

I have just bought a Breva too.

I love seating position. Very comfortable. I cut (hacksaw ans filed) the top of my screen. About 2 inches. Makes all the difference. No buffeting or massively reduced.

The engine could do with more poke, however I have taken to riding more slower. It seems to make you do that anyway with its lazy engine feel. So the odd blast feels impressive again.

Handling is the best bike I can remember and I have had about 25 bikes!

So you went and got it. Did you get it on Ebay ? This is bikelee, the guy who bought your Ballabio. I wish you a lot of luck with the Breva. Looks like a sweet machine. We've got to do some rides together. The Ballabio is ready to go. I put a new tire on it, repaired the gear in the speedo(now the odo and tripmeter work!) got a tank bag from RKA, changed the oil etc. The Ballabio is running nice. What a great Xmas present for yourself ! See ya soon. Keep in touch, Lee Mirsky.

Guest GuzziLee
So you went and got it. Did you get it on Ebay ? This is bikelee, the guy who bought your Ballabio. I wish you a lot of luck with the Breva. Looks like a sweet machine. We've got to do some rides together. The Ballabio is ready to go. I put a new tire on it, repaired the gear in the speedo(now the odo and tripmeter work!) got a tank bag from RKA, changed the oil etc. The Ballabio is running nice. What a great Xmas present for yourself ! See ya soon. Keep in touch, Lee Mirsky.

Lee,

Good news about the Billy Bob it's a great bike.

:D I got the Breva 1100 :D from Moto International and had it shipped, they have treated me great over the years so I bought my first new bike from them. What an adventure, once we got the freight truck out of the snowbank :o we got the Breva out of it and in my garage!

I took it out on Christmas Day for a cold 36 Degree (according to the on board temp guage) 25 mile shakedown.

It has an amazing ride for a Guzzi. The handling is supurb so far as I can tell. It is almost to "easy" a Guzzi. I found myself shifting to hard and missing gears at first. The investment isn't over yet: exhaust, windscreen, bags. Wish it was March!!!

Happy Trails

Lee

post-4493-1199070035_thumb.jpg

I have a Breva 1100 and I can only say that the suspension is miles ahead of my other Guzzis, the engine revs nicely and pulls through the range (not with the same urgency as the V11), the handling is markedly better than any other bike I have ever tried and the brakes are powerful. Altogether it is a very comfortable bike with a nice seat. Very easy to live with.

Neutral observations, quiet, refined, relaxed.

Small complaints would be a back brake pads, lasted 10000km, gear changes clonky (from shaft and box).

I have no windscreen on this bike, so it is really only for doing up to about 130km/h.