muffler dragging

Guest hyper

Guest hyper

To all you crazies out there. Gotta love ya.

If you want more ground clearance for your mufflers it's a relatively inexpensive and easy fix. I love the V11 series guzzis whole heartily but when you look at them from the rear she's fat, the mufflers look like their pocitioned like a 80's motorcycle not a modern day sport bike. Not only do they look bad but they'll put you on your ear if you drag them. Here's the fix. Remove both rear muffler mounts completely, loosen both clamps that hold the muffler to the exhaust system and turn the mufflers so that the raer part of the muffler is close to the signal lights. Tighten up the clamps and go to the rear of the bike and take alook. You not only pick up ground clearance but it also looks cleaner. You will have to make new rear muffler mounts. Do not turn the right side muffler to far in as the swing arm will rub the muffler under compression. Because I don't carry passengers on the rosso ( thats what eldos are for) I didn't worry about rear pegs. You will have to remove rear plastic section off bike to remove stock muffler mounts, the bolts will mark up the plastic if you don't. Any questions feel free to ask. Thanks, Hyper

• 12 years later...

Am I the only one that framed this and hung it up?

Ha - you're the only one that responded in 13 years. My bike hadn't even been made when that was written.  Funny though - that sounds exactly like what's MG did with the Kit Racing Titanium exhaust (cans, ECU, and hangers.) My Kit Racing exhaust cans are turned way up and in. I do like the look a lot.

I'm not having any problems with ground clearance though... anybody want to buy a set of used tires with lots of tread left on the edges?   :grin: