How to test a gel battery?

savagehenry

This is my first gel battery, and mine appears to be the stock battery, making it possibly 4 years old. Found no markings to indicate it's actual age, haven't found much info on the equivalent of the specific gravity tests to check the "life" of my wet batteries. And it's snowy, I'm bored and wanted to start a new thread :wacko:. Any thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, S.H.

This is my first gel battery, and mine appears to be the stock battery, making it possibly 4 years old. Found no markings to indicate it's actual age, haven't found much info on the equivalent of the specific gravity tests to check the "life" of my wet batteries. And it's snowy, I'm bored and wanted to start a new thread :wacko:. Any thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, S.H.

You can test by voltage, but you need to eliminate residual charging charge by letting sit overnight.

Also, you are supposed to adjust slightly for temperature

From the Hawker guide:

12.84 at 100%

12.50 at 75%

12.18 at 50%

11.88 at 25%

Here is an interesting thread

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...awker&st=15

Ryland made a good post at post 17 and many others, Gary Cheek made many great posts, and as a result of their intelligence, I came up with

soctemperature2jq8.png

• 5 months later...