James Blunt has a V11- WTF!

He had a V11 but it was sold on Ebay earlier this year, the seller claimed James had been forced to sell it by his record company when his career took off (he used to ride to gigs with his guitar on his back !)

I believe James May on Top Gear has a V11 .

yes, he had one ,it did live outside all the time,he owned whilst still in the army,he did do gigs on it,he did fall off it,it did get knocked over where he lived in hammersmith, yes, corsa did look after it (contrary to what a certain person in sw10 might say)yes, the record company said he couldn't ride anymore (protecting their investment)

yes, he is actually a really nice, down to earth bloke,(like ewan mcgregor) just happens to have a job in the public eye. he walked in the door one day, just as his song came on the radio, never seen someone be quite as embarresed as he was.

james may had a v11 (early green/red one) but havent seen him for some time, he also had a t3 cali,xjr 1300, and an old triumph.

yes, the record company said he couldn't ride anymore (protecting their investment)

What investment? He's not their property, they haven't paid him off for all the "starving artist" years out of the public eye, and in fact, everything they pay him is treated as an advance against his record sales ["draw against base," for you 100% commission sales droids out there.]

Unless he's got some really great (& unusual) contract, that's the standard drill, and they have no basis for telling him how to live his life. Don't want me to ride my bike? Fine, you're paying for the flying lessons & giving me unlimited practice hours in the corporate jet! :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
I think record companies just want to make sure James blunt does not have an accident , they are careful with their priced singer/artist.

yeah pretty standard contract terms over here for actors/performers/maybe even athletes - that's why steve mcqueen used to race under assumed names. Joe

• 2 months later...
I dunno, last summer I rode the V11 to a gig with my bass (in a soft bag) on my back. The car died a sudden death and I was left with no other option. Was just like a back-pack, except the neck sticking above my head made some strange vibrations. Now thank god I didn't have to bring any amplification along also.

Now this was an electric bass, not an acoustic stand up.

heh, don't laugh. I used to strap afull set of golf clubs(in bag) to my suzuki katana. I was a golf addict and only transport was the bike :lol:

• 11 years later...

was searching for something else and this popped up .

James is a nice bloke , he did have a V11 , he did gig with his guitar on his back. he comes from a long line of military people in his family , he is a babe magnet ( different girl everytime he came in ( once he was famous )) his parents were most upset, when he quit the army, but they calmed down as it all came good. he is quite shy. i certain guzzi mechanic  ( also ebay seller ditchpimp1 ) in London, claimed on another forum, to have worked on his bike , but when the new owner rang up and asked....i supplied all the invoices with his name on them.  

he now drives a cobra ( not a real one ). 

talk about reviving an old thread. 

Glad this old thread burbled to the surface, that is an interesting factoid about James Blunt with a V11.

Blunt has the most unique haunting voice I've ever heard.

I cover a lot of people in my own mellow, finger picking guitar style, but I've never been able to do Blunt's music justice;

I think he is mostly piano based, and his voice is a few octaves up there, it's a sound I've never been able to capture.

tks for the thread bump