V11 clip ons

Kamran

Hi guys:

I'm new here, as well as new owner of a 2004 V11 Sport.

The first thing I'd like to do is to swap the OEM clip ons with aftermarket ones. I searched this site, but couldn't locate a vendor here in the US that carries clip ons for V11's.

I like the lower clip ons. Any suggestion where I can go to order some?

Also, I'd like to change the front indicators...any suggesstion for those?

Much appreciate your help in advance.

Hi Kamran

Congrats on your new bike - I think you made a wise choice! ;)

Before changing the front indicators, have you removed the spacer? They look pretty good tucked in like they are supposed to.

Can't help you on the clip ons, the forks are 43mm Marzocchi's, you may find some other bike that uses them?

Happy riding,

Joe

Hi Kamran

Congrats on your new bike - I think you made a wise choice! ;)

Before changing the front indicators, have you removed the spacer? They look pretty good tucked in like they are supposed to.

Can't help you on the clip ons, the forks are 43mm Marzocchi's, you may find some other bike that uses them?

Happy riding,

Joe

Thanks Joe. Well, Ducati Superbikes are 43 mm forks. May be that's an option???

I'll have to try and remove the spacers and see how they look. I was thinking of Rizoma light or something similar....may be LED type lights???

Bruce:

Thanks for the link. I think that post is from July 2005. I'm hoping there would be an option domestically in the US.

I found a thread that someone posted his web page for the mods he did to his V11, dealing with Moto International in Seattle, hmmmm! May be I need to talk to them again, and remind them???

Thanks Joe. Well, Ducati Superbikes are 43 mm forks. May be that's an option???

I'll have to try and remove the spacers and see how they look. I was thinking of Rizoma light or something similar....may be LED type lights???

Bruce:

Thanks for the link. I think that post is from July 2005. I'm hoping there would be an option domestically in the US.

I found a thread that someone posted his web page for the mods he did to his V11, dealing with Moto International in Seattle, hmmmm! May be I need to talk to them again, and remind them???

Or go international with these:

http://www.daes-mototec.de/ >produkte > lenker/lenkerstummel.

Steffen

Thanks Steffen. The low straight bars they have are for 41.7 and 50mm forks. I'm not sure if I understood the text??? I guess as Joe said above, they should be 43 mm.

this should be the set, you're looking for:

241-2001 DÄS Lenkerstummel-Kit, D 54,0 mm, Höhe 45 mm, inkl. Adaptersatz für orig. Lenkergewichte, für V11 Le Mans (alle Mod.), V11 Coppa Italia / Scura / Naked`02 € 410.50

Go to:

http://www.daes-mototec.de/ >produkte > lenker/lenkerstummel > kits für moto guzzi.

The two first pictures is a v11 lemans with the clipons above and below the triple clamp (if that's what it's called).

• Like 1

Steffen:

Thanks for the link. At 410 Euros...and considering our "favorable" US $ exchange rate...that would make them like $2,000,000!!!??? :-)

Joe: Thanks. that's awesome! I'll give them a try. I think the prices are a bit more realistic for us mere mortals in a "now" third world country using US$....lol!

The last time I researched this, I found a variety of aftermarket clip-ons that would fit; I eventually settled on the Woodcraft with the 2 piece clamp. Harris makes a "straight out" and also a high-rise model as well. The V11 series bike will require the 54mm size, which is relatively hard to come by, but can usually be ordered.

Hope this helps....

www.woodcraft-cfm.com

www.harris-performance.com

As an afterthought.. the "43mm" referred to earlier in this thread is the diameter of the fork tube itself. The clip on mounts to the fork "upper" which has 54mm diameter.

Thanks Beuphonium. I guess my best bet is to go to a local dealer and let them order either of the above options (I'll give them the brands listed so far), and let them be responsible for the overal fit. Since the stockers are 7/8" diameter, I have to make sure all the stock controls will over, and the stock bar ends will fit inside the bar diameter. So the bar diameter and wall thickness are also part of the equation.

Interesting that the V11 43mm forks require a 54mm exteriors, and the Ducatis with the same 43mm require a 53mm exteriors...I guess they just have to be different!!!