Belstaff Jackets

Orson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would the Americans say if the site had a fetish garment sponsor? :D

restraints.jpg

Very strange...........doesn't look a bit like my old Belstaff. Some of us might find a use for the headgear, though: that zip looks particularly effective!

What would the Americans say if the site had a fetish garment sponsor? :D

restraints.jpg

I must say that Belfastguzzi looks very different when he is dressed up for a Saturday night!

All I remember about Belstaff wax cotton jackets is that the riders always smelt of fish.

Thanks for the plug.

I own BritishMotorcycleGear.com and we were the Importer for the Stoke on Trent company Belstaff and have been selling the product line since 1988. The Belstaff brand was bought by an Italian based fashion house in 2004. We will be carrying the new Italian line which is currently on order. You may have noticed the new line in "The Long Way Round" and "The long Way Down" part of the line is for motorcycling and will soon be available in the USA it is already available in the UK and Italy.

Paul Brooks

CEO

www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com

Still not waterproof though

A nice THICK Vanson leather jacket and $15 rain gear from Target has happily gotten me everywhere on a bike for 22 years. Add heated vest for Winter weather.

I had a Belstaff for a year or so. It didn't cut the wind as well as leather, and didn't keep me dry. I gave it away to a friend.

Loose wax cotton trousers + hot exhaust pipe = fishy smell.

About 14 years ago I bought a cheap modern jacket, called a Motoline Dragon. Don't know who makes them but it was and still is waterproof, armoured, has a detachable quilted lining and when I tore the shoulder I repaired it successfully with the repair kit I found in the inside pôcket. It's still my winter jacket and it cost about £90, as I remember.

What more do you want? Eh? Style? Then you must be young. What are you doing here?

Guest Nogbad

As a callow student in 1979 I used to ride in all weathers in the Barbour waxed cotton jacket and trousers combo. I also had the overmitts and similar galoshes. I used to ride my CG125 home from Birmingham to Ilkley in Yorkshire and back at least once a term even in winter.

Provided the proofing was kept up this gear was waterproof, and provided plenty of insulation was worn underneath it wasn't cold. One winter I did the journey in freezing fog in the dark, and when I got to my digs had to sound the horn for help to get off the bike as I had frozen to the seat and my jacket was so stiff with rime that I couldn't physically get my leg up and over the topbox and tankbag. Only my hands got cold, and a quick stop to warm them on the cylinder head got another 20 to 30 miles riding before they went numb again.

To keep warm, the best way was to wear 3 or 4 pairs of womens nylon tights, woolly tights, then woollen trousers under the wax cotton. Top half a thermal vest or 2 then 2 or 3 thin woollen jerseys.

No, the kit wasn't as good as today's, but it could be made to work!

All I remember about Belstaff wax cotton jackets is that the riders always smelt of fish.

Yes, but at least the smell of the waxed cotton helped to disguise it.

Yours sniffily

Belstaffguzzi

As a callow student in 1979 I used to ride in all weathers in the Barbour waxed cotton jacket and trousers combo. I also had the overmitts and similar galoshes.

To keep warm, the best way was to wear 3 or 4 pairs of womens nylon tights, etc...

In '79, Nogbad was altogether quite dapper, BEFORE he donned the final layer of greased canvas

2318-m.jpg

Lets get back on topic please. Where can I get an outfit like this?

–> PM me your measurements.

Any colour preferences?

Nogbad pretty well used up all my stock of pink and Jaap has a big order in for the black stuff, but apart from that.... most of the rainbow colours are available.

Sardine fragrance is standard, but I can do tuna (for Forum members).

Take two sets and I'll throw in a free blanket (Nog got the horse).