Marvic Piuma Wheels for guzzi

zebulon

Just got this back from EMA

"Hi Murray,

Thanks for the inquiry, unfortunately PVM wheels are not available at this time. The factory is undergoing an expansion project and they are now doing OEM wheels for BMW. It's unclear what capacity will be left for aftermarket wheels, we hope to have an update in the next few months.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you for contacting EMA and have a great day!

Jeff

EMA Inc"

So do Braking do wheels for Guzzi? or should we try and contact PVM direct?

I got a response similar to this last winter, telling of the expansion and they said the wheels would be back in production in six months (around August 07). I tried again in October and they said no availability.

Still, the PVM site shows Moto Guzzi pricing. I did attempt to contact PVM through their site and was transferred directly to the EMA site.

:huh2:

Anybody ever get a weight on the Alpina spoke wheels?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finaly the Marvic wheesls if they include a cush drive are now THE way to go since PVM are no more available.

Better written like this :lol:

So finaly the marvic wheel if they include a cush drive are a good alternative to the pvm as they are no more available

That would sum up things nicely Jean-Marc.

:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i finaly get an answer by Marvic, and yes all their v11/centauro piuma wheels include a cush drive that they bought directly to moto guzzi, so easy to fix if problem in few years :rolleyes:

Well then you get the mgs01 cush drive. Point stays, it's magnesium. If you have no problem with that, this is an option.

Now to find a place to buy them. Maybe Guareschi moto is an option, they are dealer, and the only ones that realy use these wheels. It's a little strange that wheels from italy should go to the usa and be cheaper when they are back here?

maybe a group buy, if the ones who talk about wheels for ages really are ready to buy?

Well then you get the mgs01 cush drive. Point stays, it's magnesium. If you have no problem with that, this is an option.

Now to find a place to buy them. Maybe Guareschi moto is an option, they are dealer, and the only ones that realy use these wheels. It's a little strange that wheels from italy should go to the usa and be cheaper when they are back here?

maybe a group buy, if the ones who talk about wheels for ages really are ready to buy?

Hi Paul,

Count me in - I've been on the lookout for new wheels since I purchased the Scura.

Anybody else??

Søren

Thanks for pointing out the Marvic wheels :bier:

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/category.aspx?categoryID=2961

has them

Guzzi V11 600x17 Piuma Black

$1,550.00

Guzzi V11 600x17 Piuma Black

Guzzi V11 Piuma Black

$862.00

Guzzi V11 Piuma Black

Yoyodyne looks to be the best deal for those of us in the US. Anybody ever do business with them?

What are the negatives with Magnesium ?

What is the difference in materials/manufacturing process to the PVM wheels ?

Price/Availability of both ?

Cost to ship down under ?

I see you didn't follow the wheel treads, that have been here for years. In short:

- magnesium is lighter than aluminium, but it has a habbit of getting weaker by time if corrosive environment is there. Like air. So they need to be painted very good. Most magnesium isn't road legal because of that. Or not guaranteed to last long.

- Most PVM wheels are now forged alu, forging makes material stronger, and so with less material you have same strenght. They even have forged magnesium.

- Marvic does offer forged wheels too, but not in the piuma series.

PVM was a good german supplier, but now it seems they have lost interest in selling wheels a bit, because they have big orders from a bavarian motorcycle company.

Marvic is italian, and seems to deliver like you expect from italians.

Looks like PVM is slightly more expensive, but well you have to campare the same product to be fair.

Shipping from somewhere in europe should be roughly the same.