Marvic Piuma Wheels for guzzi

zebulon

I am interested in a set of light wheels to so add me in for a group buy!

I haven't been following the wheel threads obviously but:

G&B no longer sell their OZ wheels? (still advertised on their site!)

Those "braking" wheels and discs were very shall we say "elegantly" priced! what's envolved producing a cush drive for those? If we can offer a small production series with a group buy that might persuade them :rolleyes: ?

And are carbonfibre wheels no option (apart from the cushdrive challenges?)

Cheers

Jasper

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jasper,

The bst carbon is double the pvm price. I think you could have the made, I once informed, and then they said they would make a fitting wheel. But no cush drive.

G&B are sold out I heard. Site isn't updated in years.

A cush isn't simple to fit in an existing wheel. The forces around the hub aren't small, and you don't want something to fail there. Th braking price is nice, but depends on what it costs to have them made ready.

Antonio,

I do know that, but special wheels are always expensive. Look what the list price is of ordinary v11 wheels. The ones you don't want and are low tech. Then more high tech wheels, not made in great production runs, can't be cheap. I think the braking wheels are priced right, only they don't heave ready to fit wheels. Because we dont have a bike where they can sell a few thousand wheels for.

I have purchased, and raced a season, on Marvic Piuma wheels purchased from Fred at Yoyodyne. The wheels were outstanding, held up very well, and Yoyodyne was a pleasure to work with. I will be buying a set for my Daytona project bike.

The Piumas are very strong, very light, and have a cush drive. What else do you want?

dk

I just discover that Marvic still produce some wheels for our guzzi.

This is the piuma model available for V11, MGS-Corsa & Centauro/Daytona/Sport ie

Price are nearly the same than PVM; i have ask them if there is a cush drive or not

Marvic Piuma

prod_piuma_01.jpg

Nice !!!

And super-light !!!

I wonder if they would survive road use ???

Nice !!!

And super-light !!!

I wonder if they would survive road use ???

I know a guy who had these on his Mille and put over 10,000 hard street miles on them. They looked brand new.

dk

Hi Jasper,

The bst carbon is double the pvm price. I think you could have the made, I once informed, and then they said they would make a fitting wheel. But no cush drive.

G&B are sold out I heard. Site isn't updated in years.

A cush isn't simple to fit in an existing wheel. The forces around the hub aren't small, and you don't want something to fail there. Th braking price is nice, but depends on what it costs to have them made ready.

Thanks Paul and all the others....

Carbon might not be the way to go than just for pricing..

Just another thought I was having: as the general opinion would be that the weight of the front wheel makes the difference;

it could make sense to go with a light weight front wheel (Including discs etc) with a similair appereance to the rearwheel (as I prefer the looks of the more bulky 3 spoke anyway, works better with the mass of the bike imho) or is there something I am overlooking here? Does Brembo do forged similair styled wheels?

Thanks

Jasper

Ik weet het Antonio!

I finally feel that I can spend money on those wheels after thinking about them for a while (this is since my Girl just bought a Ducati multistrada so the scura needs some pimping to feel a bit more sexy! :D:D ) and now I can't get any!!

I don't like the magnesium ones... the Braking onces are not an option with an modified cush drive as stated by Paul and I would agree it has to be safe and reliable in my view!!!

Running out of ideas but maybe if we can approach Braking with a firm group buy they might be keen? or OZ racing to run another series?

any thoughts on that one?

Jasper

I have purchased, and raced a season, on Marvic Piuma wheels purchased from Fred at Yoyodyne. The wheels were outstanding, held up very well, and Yoyodyne was a pleasure to work with. I will be buying a set for my Daytona project bike.

The Piumas are very strong, very light, and have a cush drive. What else do you want?

dk

Thanks DK! That's the feedback I was looking for.

Edit: Just called Yoyodyne, no 6" rears in stock - 2 or 3 months wait :angry: Said they just sold a set. :homer: