Steering head check

grossohc

Yes docc that's it. I've been trying to pry it up without success. Guess I'll have to resort to my Dads' advice for solving problems "Apply yourself!"

Cheers!

John

• Like 1

Jeez Louise! It's just the small button in the middle that pops off and exposes the hex hole. I thought the entire thing was a cap. Duh.

I'll just go sit in the corner now.

Thanks guys!

• Haha 1

I don't get around these parts much anymore but I just read through this thread and have to say I miss the back and forth between John (ratchethack) and Dave (dlaing).

Too bad things regularly got out of hand...

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...

I'm updating this old thread because I've been trying to pry up that chrome cap for hours.  Turns out the grey plastic center is the cap/plug which covers the hex drove hole in the chrome nut.  So simple once you've seen the center cap removed :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, paulmiller said:

I'm updating this old thread because I've been trying to pry up that chrome cap for hours.  Turns out the grey plastic center is the cap/plug which covers the hex drove hole in the chrome nut.  So simple once you've seen the center cap removed :)

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, that is one of the things that is way easier once you see how it works. But until then, it can be quite perplexing.