CLIP ONS

Guest ONETHUMPER

Guest ONETHUMPER

I am looking to lower the bars on my 2000 sport, kind of like the vortex clip ons. has anyone installed them and

what size is the clamp. Is 54mm correct? thanks

I am looking to lower the bars on my 2000 sport, kind of like the vortex clip ons. has anyone installed them and

I still have the stock clip-ons, but yes, you are correct.

54mm is the fork tube OD size for the upper and lower triple clamps as well as the clip-on ID for a 2000 V11 sport.

Cheers,

Steve

I used the Vortex clip-ons on my V11 Sport for years and wish I still had that bike! To me the lower riding position helped getting the riding position lower which aided in a more aero position at freeway speeds. Riding around town will be somewhat harder on the wrists, but everything else are all pluses. I have rode 600 miles or more in a day with these bars, two up fully loaded.

54mm it is...

Mike

• 6 months later...

Yes 54 mm is the correct diameter. I however had a set of Ducati 749 clip ons lying around and are 53mm...guess what they fit snugly and I love the position. I believe they are 7 deg. slope.

Really helps not getting that guzzi "cramp" on the palms of your hands and the weight seems to minimalize the traditional vibrations associated with the bike.

I'm pretty happy with both looks and position/feel.

To get them to fit, I simply opened them up a bit and used generous amounts of hand soap to slip them on.

Guzzi_at_Timmies.jpg

• 2 weeks later...