Intresting Guzzi

macguzzi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a Dell'orto DHLA. Harley guys love them, more fuel, more noise, more power!!!! I saw a 100inch HD with straight pipes run on a dyno years ago. It shot 2 foot flames out the exhaust when it was wide open and made a whoping 48HP!!!! We about wet our pants we were laughing so hard.

Really not sure about the mile long inlet tracts TBH

Nige. :huh:

Long runners are usually good for low end torque but hurt top end. It would be interesting to know if it actually works.

I think that the intake length should be close to correct, if I recall from another thread our current intakes are to short. The DHLA's actually are two carbs but they use a common float chamber, each side is individually tunable. I just had to tune up an old Lotus Turbo that used them. The HD I saw belonged to an old grey beard, he was certain that his HD made more power than my Kaw GPz900. He missed out on the whole tuning thing because his carb was about two inches from the valve (common on HD's) and his exhaust was about three feet long and two inch in diameter. Beyond the flames it also holds the record for the loudest motorcycle I have ever been near. It was running in a Dynojet chamber that it left burn mark on the wall of. We were outside the "sound proof" chamber and it still hurt my ears!!! By comparison you could talk normally when a standard bike was running.