No GMG 2008

Admin Jaap

Guest V11RossoNigel

Hi there Jaap.

Ref this Giornate Mondiali Guzzi.....is this the week-end meet in September that is Held in Mandello del lario at the Factory ?

If so that is a shame for the guys planning a visit in 2008, but I was planning for 2009 anyway so I hope its all up and running again for then. I have already booked the whole of September of 2009 as holiday.

:o

cheers

Nige

I usually go and was planning to go this year. I'm still going but it sounds like I will have the place to myself. Mandello and the surrounding area are superb whether the Raduno is on or not. In fact, I kinda prefer it quiet.

Bit of a bummer for the local hotels and eateries who normally do a roaring trade for these 3-4 days.

Hi there Jaap.

Ref this Giornate Mondiali Guzzi.....is this the week-end meet in September that is Held in Mandello del lario at the Factory ?

If so that is a shame for the guys planning a visit in 2008, but I was planning for 2009 anyway so I hope its all up and running again for then. I have already booked the whole of September of 2009 as holiday.

:o

cheers

Nige

You're spot on on the GMG.

@ Slavomir: Looking forward to meet you! My ferry to Newcastle is booked; I share a cabin with Anton Polak. We leave the 9th of May; ride for a week to end up at Ken's Bridge and return to Holland the 18th after the meet.

Slavomir. We would make you very welcome in Scotland and take you or direct you to all the best roads - mostly on the northwest coast.

That would be wonderful! Three years back I went with my sister (used to study university in Bradford/leeds) to a trip. York, Hadrians wall, Iverness, Einburgh, Loch Ness :), Glasgow and back to Bradford. Wonderful week!

Beautiful sceneries down there in Scotland!

• 1 year later...

There is no meeting in 2009 to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe in 2010? Even Guzzi won't know until next summer, and by the time they announce the dates it will be too late for many to make plans...

According to this newspaper article it's cancelled due to the bad financial situation...

Link to article

Babelfish translation:

Mandello and the Guzzi. A binomial that is being always become relaxed more.

For according to consecutive year you concern us of the Guzzi brand have decided to blow up the traditional guzzista gathering. The attended event, than of norm was carried out in a fine weekend of summer, recalled to Mandello many guzzisti fans.

This year, thus as in the 2008 gathering not there will be. The telephone exchange of the plant and that one of the Guzzi Club, are in these busy hours to giving to explanations to all the sfegatati guzzisti, many of the Europe North, than they do not understand because from two years the Guzzi “gives hole”. Not only the Piaggio, the society that acquired and has inglobato the mandellese Aquila, is putting in doubt the continuity of the productive activity, but also it has decided to blow up the traditional guzzista gathering of september and in these days it has given the official communication.

“The gathering has represented for years a marketing plan that always has given optimal replies - Fabrizio Zucchi explains, rsu of the Guzzi - and is a lost occasion not to program the traditional appointment anniversary, much attending from the fans of the Guzzi. The company has not supplied some explanation to the cut of the manifestation. Perhaps, task I, the economic crisis does not concur with the company to invest in the manifestation. Nevertheless draft of an action of marketing that has always given good result”.

Quite many aliens programmed the ferie based on the date of the gathering: “It is own thus. Also this week we are receiving numerous you telephone from the foreign fans who ask to us when he is the traditional one kermesse. We answer that this year not will be, and many remain disappointed”.

On a sidenote: From what I've read the city park isn't open for campers anymore... So where are all the visitors going to sleep?